Light-O-Rama Forums

General LED Light question

rickodom

I did order one only to find out they cancelled the order due to defective product order to stop selling, from the manufacturer. So, FYI for anyone, they might not be any good at the moment.

Say what?

Anyone know what the deal is with this? I have one, and used it, and it appeared to work...

There was a small quality problem with the pin alignment on the 'B' (Yellow) units. That has been fixed on all units now, so who ever told you that, does not know what is going on.

ALL 'B' and 'E' units where 100% tested here in the USA before shipping to retailers.

If you need one PM me and which model you want. I have some stock.

• Like 1

That depends on what costs you include. For example, if you compare the cost of 100,000 LEDs to 100,000 incandescent mini lights, you also have to include the cost of hiring an electrician to wire additional outlets to power those incandescent lights.

But but, what if you can do your own electrical work!?! Hmmm? My dad says he can wire directly from my light o rama, to the main power supply, to anywhere in the yard ;)

How cool would it be to just hang your lights and have outlets everywhere, ready to go, no cords all neatly labeled, it would just bring the hassle out of doing an animated display.

Call it an O-Rama House!

Edited by Arteom

But but, what if you can do your own electrical work!?! Hmmm? My dad says he can wire directly from my light o rama, to the main power supply, to anywhere in the yard ;)

How cool would it be to just hang your lights and have outlets everywhere, ready to go, no cords all neatly labeled, it would just bring the hassle out of doing an animated display.

Call it an O-Rama House!

Don't go this route! Been there, done that! It's a waste of a lot of wire. It's best and cheaper to have the controller near the element. Making expansions gets to be a bigger headache with 'permanent' installs. It's ok to go this route for permanent landscape lighting. Just my opinion.

Don't go this route! Been there, done that! It's a waste of a lot of wire. It's best and cheaper to have the controller near the element. Making expansions gets to be a bigger headache with 'permanent' installs. It's ok to go this route for permanent landscape lighting. Just my opinion.

I wasn't going to go this route, I'm just starting off, But it sounds interesting none the less... Thanks for your input :)

For all the people that have been doing this for years,

Just a quick question.

I found som RGB DMX light string at a great price, they come with a 12v controller. Is it possible to control these with the LOR controllers, please be advised I am very new to this and require ALOT of help, LOL

Thanks in advance

For all the people that have been doing this for years,

Just a quick question.

I found som RGB DMX light string at a great price, they come with a 12v controller. Is it possible to control these with the LOR controllers, please be advised I am very new to this and require ALOT of help, LOL

Thanks in advance

Yes, if it's DMX it will work fine.

You'd need either an advanced license of LOR and a USB->DMX "dongle" that LOR supports, or an iDMX1000 on your LOR network. Check out the docu and also the DMX forum here.

I buy all my led light strands at Rite-aid, I have been buying them there for 4 years know and have only one strand go bad. It has only gotten dim it has not completly gone out. These lights are great if you have one around. Made by same company every year and the colors are all the same brightness. Hope they keep selling them!!

Say what?

Anyone know what the deal is with this? I have one, and used it, and it appeared to work...

BTW, I did PM you the order information on the LED Keeper order the seller cancelled on me.

BTW, I did PM you the order information on the LED Keeper order the seller cancelled on me.

Hmm, I didn't receive it...

Hmm, I didn't receive it...

Sorry, It was someone else who wrote to me asking for the information on the order so they could attempt to clear it up. Thought it was you.

• 2 weeks later...

If I could ask a question slightly off topic.

I have strands of C6 bulbs that I am wrappiing on to a pipe.

In the process one of the wires has pulled out.

I cut the bulb out and spliced the wire together.

I have read on other topics about not shortening the strings due to the power.

Can I assume loosing only one bulb out of 100 is not an issue.

Thanks,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Can I assume loosing only one bulb out of 100 is not an issue.

It's not 1 out of 100. If it's red, it could be 1 out of 50. If it's green or blue, then it's probably 1 out of 25, but could be 1 out of 33 or 1 out of 34.

The reason is that the voltage drop of a red led is about 2 volts, and about 3.5 volts for green, blue, and white. If you had 100 in series, then the voltage required would be more than the 120v supply.

When the wire pulled out of your string, you could have (carefully) plugged it in to see how many bulbs went dark.

However, in the end, it doesn't really matter, because most LEDs are resilient, and they'll last longer in the cold.