Light-O-Rama Forums

License interpretation help...

JeffF

Here's what my licensing information states...

Max Version: 3.6 (and any future versions released by October 19, 2012)

So please help this old brain of mine that is getting more stoopid by the day...

Does that mean 3.6 is the upper limit no matter what? Or since it mentions "any future versions released by October 19, 2012" that I can upgrade indefinitely until that date?

I think I need more coffee today or something because I'm confused... coffee.gif

Thanks,

Jeff

Basically, you are paying a license fee when you purchase or upgrade that covers new releases within that release version for one year. The current release level is 3. For one year after purchasing Release 3 or upgrading to Release 3, you get all the updates to Release 3. If Release 4 comes out, you would still get updates to Release 3 until the year is up (if there is any) but would pay a fee to upgrade to Release 4.

What I am not sure about is how do you extend the ability to get updates to the current release after your year is up and there is no new version release.

That is the way most software vendors work. I suspect that is true for this product.

I just purchased a new computer and have loaded the software disk software suite 1.6.9. I was not asked to input the product key to register my computer. Any ideas so I can register this computer?

Guest wbottomley

I just purchased a new computer and have loaded the software disk software suite 1.6.9. I was not asked to input the product key to register my computer. Any ideas so I can register this computer?

License registration only occurs after 2.3.6. Or it maybe a couple of versions later.

Shemp, remember those who bought S1 got a free upgrade to S2. You'd need only to the license renewal to upgrade to the S3 software (if you choose to do so.)