Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I combine Sequences & Voice Overs

Sabre03

This is my first year doing any of this. I have my sequences all done, and just got my voice overs from The Demented Elf. How do I Combine the 2? I want to have the demented elf open the show then play a few sequences then have a announcement, then a few more sequences, then start all over again. Do i create a blank sequence with the voice overs? and put them in this way? I was thinking the first show I would use announcement A and the 2nd show use B, Then repeat.

Thank You Jason

You have the right idea. Think of the voice-overs as nothing more than another 'sequence' that you put in your show. When building your show you'd have Kevin's opener, then some songs, then another announcement, then more songs.

I use Kevin's voice overs as a musical sequence.

Only I either have all the lights on while he is talking or make them do other things (twinkle shimmer change colours and so on).

Just make sure you call the Voice overs something related to the sone so you know to place them before the song.

Can use random tho : ( unless you want to redo everything).

I write up a script and my daughter reads it out loud and I use a mic and my laptop to record it. I save each one as a wav file. Then I make a musical sequence using one of the wav files for the music. While the daughter is talking in the file, I flash a few lights around in random. Then the show does the next sequence and I flash the lights to the music. Repeat again with another intro from my daughter and then the actual song sequence.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I write up a script and my daughter reads it out loud and I use a mic and my laptop to record it. I save each one as a wav file. Then I make a musical sequence using one of the wav files for the music. While the daughter is talking in the file, I flash a few lights around in random. Then the show does the next sequence and I flash the lights to the music. Repeat again with another intro from my daughter and then the actual song sequence.

This is a perfect explanation of what I was looking for. You answered my question before I asked it. Thanks!