Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone know of an alternate to Ray?

Shubb

Who is this Ray you speak of?

Ray is a great guy, and has great product. But like mentioned above, he has been over run with orders. Its good to know that he is trusted so widely.

While I am new to pixels, I am not new to customer service and fair expectations. I placed an order with Ray on 9/5. I requested pixels with custom spacing and extended leads so I anticipated extra time.

On 9/13 I asked for an update as I am having them shipped to work. And Ray indicated he needed 5 days.

This morning I received this email.

Dear M.Shayne,

how are you, i need two more days for your order, i feel very sorry for the delay, i will put some free samples into the package , as i delayed so long time.

by the way, i have a new WS2811 strip,please check the below link,thanks.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4m-WS2811-LED-digital-strip-60leds-m-with-60pcs-WS2811-built-in-the-5050-smd-rgb/701799_638374848.html

thanks and best regards

Ray

This meets my expectations. I must admit I would love the to be here already but I have to be fair as it was not a stock order plus the customization came at no additional cost. I also have to remind myself of one of my sayings - "Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part". I should have made up my mind earlier and planned better.

I received my order from Ray. DHL only took 3 days to get it here from China, so that was rather impressive.

After opening the DMX flood lights I noticed the 6 I bought are different from the previous order. Even though the order had a "snapshot" of the same item. They are also wired different, no DMX out like the other 12 I have.

The 2811 pixels don't have any English to identify the wiring, only Chinese, so I'm a little nervous connecting 12 volt blind.

And there was a invoice attached to the box with the order that had pricing about 50% less than I was charged.

I found that interesting.

This weekend should be fun putting all this together and testing. I hope I don't smoke any pixels!

Scott

I received my order from Ray. DHL only took 3 days to get it here from China, so that was rather impressive.

After opening the DMX flood lights I noticed the 6 I bought are different from the previous order. Even though the order had a "snapshot" of the same item. They are also wired different, no DMX out like the other 12 I have.

The 2811 pixels don't have any English to identify the wiring, only Chinese, so I'm a little nervous connecting 12 volt blind.

And there was a invoice attached to the box with the order that had pricing about 50% less than I was charged.

I found that interesting.

This weekend should be fun putting all this together and testing. I hope I don't smoke any pixels!

Scott

Email Ray and he'll get you the wiring specs on the nodes.

The "invoice" with reduced prices is supposed to help you with any import duties. Not entirely ethical, but it's his doing, not ours... (he also marked mine as "samples")

I also had my lights and cables marked as "sample". As for service, previous orders have come in good time from Ray. One order he missed out including a PS I had ordered so i sent a quick email and he fired it out to me with the next order. Also just ordered more cables from Ray and he shipped them within two days and they are in the country now awaiting delivery. So my experience from Ray has been excellent, even way out here in the antipodes.

I ordered from Ray a few weeks ago and requested custom stuff and showed up a few weeks later as requested. Unfortunate to read that several people are having issues. Hopefully just due to high demand. eBay is always an alternative.

I placed an order a week ago. Half the order will arrive early next week. For those who are interested, there will be a pause in manufacturing in China

"Dear Sean,

more factories will be in holiday from 30th Sep to 5th Oct.

but i will stay to work during the holiday,and check email everyday.

thanks and best regards"

I still expect my entire order (36 strings, power supplies, connectors,wire) to be all here towards the middle of October.

i am satisfied with Ray's service on my order.

thanks

Just for the record, Ray corrected the slight problem with my order to my satisfaction (and promptly). I'd definitely order from him again.

Email Ray and he'll get you the wiring specs on the nodes.

The "invoice" with reduced prices is supposed to help you with any import duties. Not entirely ethical, but it's his doing, not ours... (he also marked mine as "samples")

That explain that. The order I received from Ray a couple weeks ago had the lower priced invoice and wondered about it.

Thanks for that info...

ray just come good for me too a litle late and when i had a problem he fixed ASAP and will def use again

but next time i will order way before i need em so i can except the late order

• The topic was locked