Light-O-Rama Forums

C9 bulbs

paralegalnc

besides the OBVIOUS... is there a difference between C9 and C9 1/4 bulbs? I am looking for replacements and ebay has alot of C9 1/4 so I was just wondering.. is there a difference? Dont want to buy the wrong ones.

I am using regular incan this year. I bought a bunch off craigslist. I think they will look great on the roof. I think there are the basic color... orange, red, white, blue.. green I think. I live in NC the auction are on ebay

Guest Don Gillespie

I am using regular incan this year. I bought a bunch off craigslist. I think they will look great on the roof. I think there are the basic color... orange, red, white, blue.. green I think. I live in NC the auction are on ebay

regular incans in a C9 I can see your power bill rising as we speak, go with LEDS

LED C9 retrofit bulbs are what i'm replacing the standard C9 bulbs in my strings with so i can use the strings with LOR an still save money on it's use and the life of the strings

the folks here can give you links to where to get these retrofits

i've just replaced my pc here so i don't have the links

In looking at the Ebay auctions, most are approximately $1.00 a bulb. You could almost get the replacement LED's for the same price. And have a lot more lights per LOR channel without overloading the controller.

I might add that not all LED retrofit bulbs are created equal. I've found some with only one led inside (not bright at all) , some with three leds , and some with five leds. Also, some have the rectifier inside the bulb, and some require an external rectifier. And as stated above , some you can dim ,and some you can't.

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some strings off craigslist...just some need replaced... they were used...not new... I will eventually get LEDs just not this year...