Light-O-Rama Forums

My Pulsing Columns

captainron19

Well 1 of 6 done for my new pulsing columns for this year.

Each one is going to be 5' tall. I seperated each pipe into 8 sections for 8 channels (7.50" each)

I bought 4" PVC and cut each one in half lengthwise on table saw. Made a template to mark all of my holes.

Started by drilling a 7/8" hole .... plan on using c9's for these. I inserted the bulb in the front and screwed into the socket on the inside of the pipe but it just missed making the contact to power the bulb because of th thickness of the PVC. So I took a 1" bit on the opposite side and made a countersink and was able to get the connection but that doubled my drilling. The other alternative I tried is taking each c9 socket to the bench brinder and shaving it down just a bit so I havent decided which route is easiest for me to take yet to finish the rest of them.

Each section is 7.50" and will have 6 c9's per channel. Gonna tie all of them in series together to get 6 of these colums to pulse up and down with using only 1 8 channel LOR controller.

post-3564-0-87931600-1347065352_thumb.jp

I almost spit out a mouthful of water when I saw the title of this thread. Talk about an opportunity to "rack" up some cheap warning points. But I won't... it's too easy...

I'll just say that Ron, I hope your pulsing columns bring great joy this holiday season...

• Like 2

I almost spit out a mouthful of water when I saw the title of this thread.

OH MY! I did not even think about that..... boy some people's minds are really int he gutter LOL :D

looking forward to seeing it in action :wacko: The columns that is.

OH Boy did I open a can of worms! I will post a video when i get em done..... that is the "Pulsating Porch Lights" <--- New Name

I inserted the bulb in the front and screwed into the socket on the inside of the pipe but it just missed making the contact to power the bulb because of th thickness of the PVC.

Had the same problem a few years, except I went the other direction and cut down the top of each socket. I thought about just dropping in a penny in each socket :o

Had the same problem a few years, except I went the other direction and cut down the top of each socket. I thought about just dropping in a penny in each socket :o

This isn't a fuse box, Chuck. Geeshh

big%20ear.jpg

When searching for an image like the one above, you wouldn't believe how many results turned up with Obama. I had to laugh.

I'd love to insert something funny, but would get a warning for it!

I changed what wbottemly posted to this:

Shoot some video of them in hard cord action!

Torqumada

I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very cool But too much drilling for my taste lol. I am sure they will look great in your display. Are you going to paint them or just keep them white? I think the would look awesome painted red and white stried like a pepermint stick.

Edited by zanclus