Light-O-Rama Forums

EDM transmiter

sirrob28

Hey guys, I just received my EDM-LCD-CS-EP. I have no idea how this thing works,lol. I get where you have to solder the power piece into place, but then what. There was no instructions included. Hopefully someone can give me some idea how this thing works or a link to the instructions.

Thanks,

Rob

Go to this page and click on the E-Mail button down near the bottom of the page:

http://www.edmdesign.com/orders.html

And send them an e-mail telling them you didn't get the instruction manual on how to set up or use your transmitter.

As you should have gotten an instruction manual with your kit, if you didn't, then you need to send them an e-mail so they can get one to you or give you a link where to download one.

Good Luck.

Edited by Orville

Same here, no manual. I thought they said you could download it off their website but there is no place to go to. I emailed them and they said I should have received a link to the manual when I placed my order. Didn't recall seeing that or thought to save the link at that time. They did send the link to download the manual so now I have it saved and printed out a hard copy to use.

Daryl

Las vegas

Sorry Orville, but EDM does not ship manuals with the transmitters. They let you download it and supply the link, usually in the order confimation email.

Just use the link in post #3 above and you will be fine.

I am a very happy EDM user since 2007.

• Like 2

Sorry Orville, but EDM does not ship manuals with the transmitters. They let you download it and supply the link, usually in the order confimation email.

Just use the link in post #3 above and you will be fine.

I am a very happy EDM user since 2007.

That's why I said e-mail them because I don't own one {yet}. But my MBB Eclipse 4000 came with an instruction manual in the box, so I was just saying, if they didn't get one, then they needed to contact EDM about it, and either ask if they forgot it, or send a link to it. I was just covering both options since, again, I don't currently own one and didn't know how EDM did their "owner manuals" since there isn't a "ready link" on their site to look through or even read one before buying one.

So I'm glad someone posted the link to it, as now I have the instruction manual saved, ready and waiting for when I can finally purchase one myself.

Edited by Orville

I just got my EDM transmitter and the rubber ducky antenna, but I'm a little disappointed in the limited range. It will work for my situation, but I kept hearing about 1/2 mile transmissions in other forums. Mine only seems to be working in the 50 yard range. i have it in the low power setting. Any thoughts?

Edited by jgordon

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a whole house transmitter from LoR and have yet to get it to work. Sounds like it wants to transmit, because when we turn it on, the static on the chosen station disappears; however, can't hear the song we're playing on media player :( Any suggestions out there ?

DLTSLC, sorry to say others have tried it with the same results, either return it or sell it on EBAY.

Try thr wire antenna that came with the radio, sometimes it works better.

Did my trial run for Halloween last night and it went great only had to switch a few flood lights around I had green and red together instead of all green and all red. The only thing I want to improve upon is the FM Transmitter. I have the EDM and it sounds great for about 100 feet after that a lot of distortion. I played with the included antenna and the 'power' for lack of a better word and still only about 100 feet distortion free. What antenna is a good upgrade? I have the fm transmitter in the garage along with my show computer right by the garage doors if that helps

We were planning to start the show tomorrow night, and it won't be much of one without the tunes!! Any local places sell a decent one until I figure out which one online ?

Just hook up some speakers for now.

My EDM took a month to get.

I know there was a thread recently about one some people were using that you could get off ebay or amazon I think.

sounds like your over driving the input, that is the main cause for distortion.

IS that the two knobs you can turn? Or the volume from the computer?

Did my trial run for Halloween last night and it went great only had to switch a few flood lights around I had green and red together instead of all green and all red. The only thing I want to improve upon is the FM Transmitter. I have the EDM and it sounds great for about 100 feet after that a lot of distortion. I played with the included antenna and the 'power' for lack of a better word and still only about 100 feet distortion free. What antenna is a good upgrade? I have the fm transmitter in the garage along with my show computer right by the garage doors if that helps

Had similar problem when I tried mounting mine in the garage last year. transmitting distance was not very far.

I moved it to the attic and was able to cover the entire block (approx 500' each direction) without changing a thing and used the test antenna that came with it.

I seem to get better range the higher I place it. (you might be able to just run an antenna to a higher location. I plan to try that but haven't tested that theroy yet. maybe in a week or two.

Edited by dknahoolewa

EDM Guys: Use the wire antenna and extend it as high as you can as Earle suggested. It works for me and doesn't send sound out too far from display to cause problems ie: complaints from neighbors.