Light-O-Rama Forums

Hotmail is having issues as of 9/6/2012

Orville

Anyone that has an Hotmail account my find they can not access their e-mail this morning of Sept. 6, 2012. MSN says they are working on it {have been since 9/5 midnight}.

So currently you may not be able to access your hotmail account, you can log in, but can not read the e-mails you have by clicking on them. It is also defaulted to the Outlook theme as well at the moment.

Just know I have e-mails I can not even access at this time, clicking on them either crashes my browser. or nothing happens at all, the e-mails won't open so you can read them.

So since I use Hotmail myself for a lot of things, if anyone has sent me any requests for anything or any other e-mails, as of this post I can not access them, hopefully later in the day things will be working again.

So if you use hotmail, or have sent someone a message to an hotmail account, this is why you may not get a response for a while, not until they get the issues resolved, and they don't say what they actually are, just that some features may not work at this time.

But it appears nothing is really working in Hotmail as of this posting date/time.

Edited by Orville

Nope, it's all over. I have gotten a lot of calls from friends and many of them have their cell phones linked to their hotmail account{s} as well, asking me what's going on {since I'm the computer go to guy for them}. They can't get access either, it just comes and goes. I got access for all of about 10 minutes, composed a message, added the attachments, and then wham, it was out again and the message never went anywhere.

Can't access anything, when I try, it crashes the browser as it just sits and spins the little icon forever, then says "browser not responding" and I have to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL to bring up the task manager, then go and close it by going to the application area and selecting the iexplore name and end process.

It's been a pain all day and as of this post, it is now out again, I did a check and MSN says they are working on the issues and that some features {more like all of them} will not be available at this time. There are a LOT of complaints from Hotmail users all over the globe that use it complaining about the issues that are going on in their forum area. So it's not just my area, Hotmail is being affected by this changeover everywhere. If some folks are still lucky enough to access their accounts, then they are the very few lucky ones, as I've read hundreds of complaints about this problem today from other places I visit.

I can't even access my SkyDrive area where I have my sequences, MP3 and WAV files uploaded, so anyone I have given access to my sequence files, may find they can't download or access anything there at this time either. Just know I can't get to it and it's MY account.

Edited by Orville

interesting. My brother and I have been sending each other emails all day with no problems. I have comcast and he uses hotmail.

As of 7am this morning 9/7 it has been working, and keeping my fingers crossed MSN is done with whatever upgrade they were doing that created this fiasco for almost a full 2 days for a lot of us.

Edited by Orville

Hotmail is spam central. I left years ago for gmail and never looked back.

As of 2:30PM when I got home and checked my Hotmail accounts, they are all DOWN again and can't read or access anything AGAIN! UGH!

William, does GMail offer anything like Hotmails SkyDrive? If so, I know I have at least one GMail account I rarely use, except to visit YouTube, since I couldn't have an account without a GMail account. But if they do, I'm willing to move all my files over to GMail if I have too, gonna be a pain because I'll have to download and reupload everything all over again. Definitely won't be looking forward to that, but will do it if I have too. Well, that is if I can even get to them with all the issues Hotmail is currently having! :angry:

But I don't recall seeing anything like storage space for files that hotmail provides .

I currently have over 80+ GB of storage at hotmail I've got for FREE, but you're right about the SPAM, I get tons of it in my JUNK folders too. Even though I have all my Hotmail accounts set as secure, "https" precedes everything on my hotmail accounts, and yet I still get a crapload of spam mail I never signed up for.

It is also why I have cookies DISABLED in my browser as I've found many of those auto-saved 3rd party cookies contain trojans, virii, malware and allow spammers of a lot of this junk e-mail to spam you as well from the info in them and even to SPAM YOUR ON-LINE CONTACT lists via those cookies!. Fortunately my setting mine to using the secure method has put a stop to folks getting spammed from my Hotmail accounts, haven't had any of those issues now in well over a year.

But with all this CONSTANT DOWN TIME it's getting very frustrating to get anything done in Hotmail.

Sky drive is 5 GB free, but you can buy more. I just started using mine and love it.

At the top of the goole home page is a link to gmail. Next to it is called drive. Though I can't remember how much space is available.

William, does GMail offer anything like Hotmails SkyDrive?

But I don't recall seeing anything like storage space for files that hotmail provides .

I currently have over 80+ GB of storage at hotmail I've got for FREE

I'm alittle late to the party but I use hotmail and have been in and out all day today and yesterday and didn't notice any issues.

I use IE.

Got a friend in Apopka, about 25+ miles from me, and he kept calling me asking if I was having issues with my Hotmail account, asked him why and he said he was having problems sending, reading and accessing anything in his hotmail account, my sister who lives in Melbourne, FL also has an hotmail account and she called and asked me the same thing, she's over 80+ miles from me. Then 3 of my neighbors asked me if I was having any hotmail issues, so it wasn't just me they were picking on, it was a lot of folks and even MSN had a statement they were doing upgrades and some services or features of hotmail may not work at times. I guess somehow your brother just got lucky and go in in-between all the down times somehow.

Because the majority of us and from what I've read of complaints on the MSN forums, it wasn't just me or my area, it was everywhere.

Currently it's working again, but it does appear to come and go, sometimes for long hours at a time. I'm hoping they're finally finished with these upgrades and things will work and be back to normal. But I;m not going to hold my breath until it does.

Sky drive is 5 GB free, but you can buy more. I just started using mine and love it.

I was given 25GB on each of my Hotmail accounts because of being a long time user and using the SkyDrive system when it first started. My newest hotmail account didn't get that privledge, but did get a 10GB offer on that account, but I got the upgrade to 25GB on 3 of my 4 accounts, so now I have 80+ GB of space over the 4 accounts. So I got mine for FREE and didn't have to buy more space. I just lucked out on that deal.

• The topic was locked