Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree / Weber Tree in ONE Prop

Robert Burton

This may create a tangled mess in setting the real thing up (still researching...heard of some people doing this...) ....

But has anyone created a prop with a Mega Tree / Weber Tree in ONE prop? Not sure if I should just overlay a Weber Tree over the Mega Tree or not. Not sure if I am going to do a 16 or 8 channel Weber yet. I have a 8 channel per color, W,G,R tree now.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert,

I've seen pics of this done with combined trees together.

I would think the only way of building it and it looking good is to overlay the weber strands onto the mega strands. This way you'll be using the mega tree strands as straight line support for the weber strands.

Edited by Santas Helper

To do this in Visualizer, it looks like the best way is to just use your mega tree prop and then put the Weber (spiral) tree on top of that. Maybe to give it a little definition, make the bulbs differing sizes between the two props. Might help a little if you are running both props at once. Just an idea unless someone has a better idea.

To do this in Visualizer, it looks like the best way is to just use your mega tree prop and then put the Weber (spiral) tree on top of that. Maybe to give it a little definition, make the bulbs differing sizes between the two props. Might help a little if you are running both props at once. Just an idea unless someone has a better idea.

Sounds like your giving yourself advice. :)

Not sure where I seen it (probably UTube), but the guy did a standard mega tree and used the light strings for the mega tree to hold the weber tree light strings.

Can't even imagine how long it took to set that up and make it look as good as he did.

If I had a weber tree, I would probably use a seperate prop/layout of that part of the tree in the visualizer. I would want to see the mega tree and weber tree seperately in the visualizer as they are two different effects. That is, if I had the extra space in the visualizer.

Just thoughts.