Light-O-Rama Forums

Musical and Animation Sequence Question

Guest guest

Hey All,

I wish there were more holidays in a year to use LOR.

Anyways my question is this: Can you run an animation sequence while a Musical Sequence is going on?

IE: Gearing up for Halloween we are going to have some pumpkins timed to music.
What I was wondering was, if I could use the left over channels to flash strobes, and Flood lights during the musical Sequence. ( in a separate animation Sequence )

I guess I just answered my own question; I just have to tell My Wife to incorporate those extra channels and effects into her Musical sequences. (She does Halloween I do Christmas)

Hope that's not too confusing. Thanks in advance guys.

Oh Almost forgot can you control a Fog Machine with LOR? I have a Fog machine with a momentary on Switch. IE Press button fog comes out Release button fog stops.
Could LOR Control this??? Could LOR just close that switch point and open it again? Just thinking ahead is all. I still like having seperate control for it but, I just thought I would ask...

Thanks in advance guys.

-Evan

Yes you can. The way I did it last year was I played a thunderstorm track made some blue flood lights come on and off along with a swagged fence of orange bule and white. When the thunder started the orange lights went off and the blue and the white went on then after the thunder subsided the orange came back on like a power outage coming back on. It looked really cool and had a lot of people wondering how I did that. While this lightning thing was going on I had 4 jack-o-lanterns blinking in a bouncing pattern. The only thing I didn't like was a shrot blip at the end of the sequence as it started over again.

As far as the fog machine goes you can trigger any thing from LOR. As long as it doesn't draw too much current. To make sure this dosn't happen use a relay to trigger the Fog machine. You may have to open it up and wire in a relay in parallel with the pushbutton that is already there. Use a normally open contact, and then bring a second power cord out to turn on the relay coil with a LOR channel seperatly.This will allow the button to still work and also give you "controllability".

Good luck,

Write your musical sequence using only the channels you want.

Write an animation sequence using your leftover channels.

Make sure channels aren't assigned to both sequences.

When creating the shows, put your musical sequence in the musical tab and the animation sequence in either the animation or the background tab.

They will both run at the same time. If you try to use the same channels in both sequences you will get unexpected results.