Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I put the new visualizer in my old sequences?

chowell

I have just finished recreating the new visualizer. Now, can I use the new visualizer in my old sequences? If so, how do I load the new file? Obviously when I open my old sequences, the old visualizer loads. I would like to use the new vis when I go in and edit last years sequences to match my new CCR additions for this year! I snooped around the help files but didn't see anything to help.

Thanks in advance!

Corey

If the channel assignments you made in this year's sequences are the same as last year's (meaning you just added the CCRs and didn't change things up) and you assigned the fixtures to the those channels in the Visualizer, the Visualizer should work. All you'd have to do is load the old file into the sequence editor and push play. If you changed channel assignments, the Visualizer would likely still work but not control the right fixtures/props.

I have just finished recreating the new visualizer. [...] Obviously when I open my old sequences, the old visualizer loads. [...]

Remember the old Animation window won't change the Visualizer is A seperate tool

This is important to note. If you click on "View -> Animation" or the small filmstrip looking icon in the Sequence Editor, then you are not using the LOR Visualizer. You would be using the built in animation window of the SE.

If you want to re-use the animation screen, you need only to "Edit -> Export/Import Channel Config -> Export Chanel Config" to create a template. Then " Edit -> Export/Import Channel Config -> Import Chanel Config" to import it into your new sequences.

Ok, I was thinking maybe the visualizer and the animation window were different. So before the new visualizer, I would open a sequence, then open the animation window and watch the sequence play out. So now do we open the visualizer, and load a sequence to watch? Almost the opposite of how we did it before? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Corey

Ok, I was thinking maybe the visualizer and the animation window were different. So before the new visualizer, I would open a sequence, then open the animation window and watch the sequence play out. So now do we open the visualizer, and load a sequence to watch? Almost the opposite of how we did it before? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Corey

In order to watch your sequence play on the visualizer you would need to have both the visualizer and the sequence editor open.

Take a look at this tutorial from LOR on creating visualizations and watching them in action.

Interesting thing....I thought I had read the tutorial all the way through....several times! After my last post, I decided to check it out one more time. Wouldn't ya know....right there at the bottom! I am all hooked and playing! Thanks for your help and direction guys!

Corey

I know, I keeped wanting to think they were the same thing also. Just remember that the Visualizer is the newest and seperate feature.