Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Coro Faces

Discotech24

Hey gang, as usual I can always count on the forums for all my LOR and lighing problems. Just a small one this time. Just wondering if anyone has used any of Rays 12mm LEDs on the Holiday Coro faces. I know the face are pre-drilled with 8mm holes but I can drill them larger when I get them. I really want to add a singing face to my display, but of course want to save money and order lights from Ray. Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated. :D

I have two of those faces and used the recommended LED lights. There are a number of places on the mouth where the bulbs in one string cross another string and the holes are very close together. Also, the lights in the eyes are very close together. If you drilled them bigger, you would have a great big .45 caliber hole. I don't think it will work very well.

Thanks for the reply.....problem is i want to get the lights and face now but Dave at Coro says he can't help......the lights will be 2-4 weeks delivery....not sure if that is to him or me.

LED's are hard to get this time of year. I had to order them from four different sources to get the colors and string counts I needed.

• 4 weeks later...

There are a number of reasons why the 12mm RGB nodes are not a good choice for the "singing faces":

* Much higher cost than standard incandescent or LED mini lights

* There isn't usually much value in having the ability to change the colors

* The nodes are too heavy to properly fit into coro without pop-in out