Light-O-Rama Forums

stopping and starting visulizer

digdeepfundraising

when adjusting my seq i have visulizer running to see were i want to change certain bits but when i start it again my visulizer is way behind until i shut it all down and start again ??

i think its because i stop in one spot and start it in another spot anyone got any tips on how to stop this happening

dan

Here is the thing.... The Visualizer is going to do exactly what a controller does. So if you stop a sequence with lights on, those lights are going to stay on in the visualizer. The only time they are going to go off is when an 'off' command is seen (or if you shutdown and restart play mode).

The same thing is going to happen with ON commands. If you start a sequence from somewhere other than the start, and at that spot some lights are already ON, those ON commands are not sent to the visualizer. The only time commands are sent is when there is a change. Since there is no 'off to on' change at the point you are starting from, no command is sent to the visualizer, and no light will come on.

Both of these things will make the Visualizer appear to be behind.

Here is the thing.... The Visualizer is going to do exactly what a controller does. So if you stop a sequence with lights on, those lights are going to stay on in the visualizer. The only time they are going to go off is when an 'off' command is seen (or if you shutdown and restart play mode).

The same thing is going to happen with ON commands. If you start a sequence from somewhere other than the start, and at that spot some lights are already ON, those ON commands are not sent to the visualizer. The only time commands are sent is when there is a change. Since there is no 'off to on' change at the point you are starting from, no command is sent to the visualizer, and no light will come on.

Both of these things will make the Visualizer appear to be behind.

makes perfect sence thank you ill just have to start from the beginning each time

• 7 months later...

DevMike,

I am used to animator in Sequence Editor.  When I develop the song and play a 5 second portion animator starts from the point I am at in Sequene Editor and lights come on and off.

How do I get visualizer to act the same way.