Light-O-Rama Forums

WGR Super String Mega Tree

Robert Burton

Ok,

I have a mega tree that is made up with super strings (WGR). How can I use the wizard and make this happen? I am sure it is simple and it is right there in front of me.

How????

I would create 1 tree per color, set the channels, then lay each one on top of each other and create a prop from the 3 fixtures. Easiest way I've found to do it. As you create each tree, turn it a bit with the bottom slider so the strings won't be on top of each other, unless that's the look you're going for with the super strings.

Why would you do that?

Instead use the wizard to create the tree with the number of different 'sections' you use. Then, assign 3 channels to each section in White, Red, Green.

Take a look at the tutorial - it shows how to create strings that are controlled by multiple channels.

I read the tutorial many times. Must have missed it.

Let me tell you what I am doing step by step...and you tell me what I am doing wrong.

1) Click on mega tree icon

2) then click on the display where I want to place the mega tree

3) the mega tree wizard comes up with the orientation screen. I then name the prop. I fix the orientation. I set it with 8 bundles since I had 8 slices. I also put it at a density of 4 since I had a tree with 2 strings per slice with the half way point at the top of the tree and click "Ok".

2) New / Existing fixture comes up. I take the recommended setting of creating a new fixture for every bundle and click "Ok".

3) Prop Properties comes up. I leave the "General" tab the same with the names of "Mega Tree - bundle 1, Mega Tree - bundle 2, ....all the way to - bundle 8.

4) In the Prop Properties I then click "Fixture Properties" and change the spacing on the strings to 1 (I want it tight looking).

5) In the Prop Properties I then click "Wizards" and then click "Run Channel Wizard". It wants me to "Save" changes to Prop.... I click "Yes".

6) In the channel wizard I click on "Normal" for what kind of channels

7) In the next step I created "New" channels

8) Number of repeating channels, I clicked 3 and made them 3 different colors (W,G,R) and clicked "Next"

9) In device type I chose "Light-O-Rama" and also Legacy 1-16 channels

10) When the next prompt comes up I chose to "Prompt Me" for "When the wizard runs out of channels...."

11) When "Selecting the starting address...." I chose Unit 5, channel 1"

12) The next prompt is a little confusing. It wants the "....starting address for First Fixture-> Mega Tree - bundle 6 (ch:1) (why bundle 6??? There are 8 bundles...). Ok....I chose Unit 5, channel 6....since if it is looking for the first in the series....it would be white...so that would be the before mentioned.

I then tested a sequence...and it did some weird stuff. So I then have to go into "Fixtures" and click on Mega Tree - bundle 1 to bring up "Fixture Properties". I then have to change the channels MANUALLY to "White" - Unit 5, ch.1 , "Green" - Unit 5, ch.9 , "Red" - Unit 6, ch.1....and allllll the way through Mega Tree - bundle 8....manually.

Now after doing the above paragraph...it finally worked.

Is that what you were talking about??? Seems like there should be a easier way or I am doing something wrong and then going back to fix it.