Light-O-Rama Forums

Leaves

Frybread

OK not exactly lights but.

I have two Blowups that I uses for my Halloween display. In Indiana in the fall we have a large amount of leaves blowing around. I have a couple of big maples that start dropping about that time.

Anyway, I continue to have issues were several times a night I have to go out to the intake fans and clear the leave, less the castle deflate.

I have thought about some type of screen or mesh around the area but I would think that this would also just get clogged up.

Any one have any ideas on keeping leave out?

Thank You,

Our leaves don't fall until much later in the season, if at all. They help to enhance my Halloween deocrations by keeping the yard dark, but I haven't had to deal with any airblown stuff then. I might have to this year.

Torqumada

OK not exactly lights but.

I have two Blowups that I uses for my Halloween display. In Indiana in the fall we have a large amount of leaves blowing around. I have a couple of big maples that start dropping about that time.

Anyway, I continue to have issues were several times a night I have to go out to the intake fans and clear the leave, less the castle deflate.

I have thought about some type of screen or mesh around the area but I would think that this would also just get clogged up.

Any one have any ideas on keeping leave out?

Thank You,

Actually you're on the right track, just make a large rectangle, and if a full recatangle is not possible, a 3 sided screen enclosure that would be larger than the area where the intake/blower motor is located. This way the leaves won't "cling" to the screen enclosure around the intake/blower motor, like they do when the intake/blower is completely unprotected. I would make it at least 1-1/2 to 2' away from the intake/blower and that should work well enough to keep things from getting clogged up and deflating the airblown.

I haven't seen anyone suggest the obvious:

Maples are notoriously easy to climb. Just go on up there and remove the leaves before deploying your blow-ups in the first place.

Might be a good use for a blow-dryer...

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 2

I haven't seen anyone suggest the obvious:

Maples are notoriously easy to climb. Just go on up there and remove the leaves before deploying your blow-ups in the first place.

Might be a good use for a blow-dryer...

Leaf blower?

Torqumada

Make an extension to the inlet of the blowers so they are a foot off the ground. AC/Heating ducting would work well I would think (45 degree angle up and mesh screen). I've never had this problem since I don't use those blow up thingys but to raise the intake off the ground would be away from the leaves on the ground.

If that doesn't work, attach a blow-dryer to blow the leaves away from the intake. :)

Edited by Santas Helper

Make an extension to the inlet of the blowers so they are a foot off the ground. AC/Heating ducting would work well I would think (45 degree angle up and mesh screen).If that doesn't work, attach a blow-dryer to blow the leaves away from the intake. :)

That was my thought was to make an intake pipe, (like you see on Humvees) that was higher up. even 2 feet off the ground would make the world of difference. I just have to make a flange to attach to the bottom.

I am sure the neighbors would be very amused as I climbed the maples with a blow dryer to blow all the leaves off ahead of time. :rolleyes:

I am sure the neighbors would be very amused as I climbed the maples with a blow dryer to blow all the leaves off ahead of time. :rolleyes:

Well if you take a shower just before you head up those trees you could knock out two stones (or two birds if it's hot enough) at once with that blow-dryer. :lol: J/K