Light-O-Rama Forums

Joining the Light Team

Guest guest

Hello Folks

After reading the messages on this chat, I have finally decided to order my LOR (CTB16PC) system, I have been playing with the software for a couple of months now and have had a blast with it, I wonder my neighbors will think when they see me stringing christmas lights up in March :laughing:, half of them think I am crazy anyways.

Just wanted to say hello to all and tell you how much I enjoy this chat group and how informative it is.

Dan thanks for the speedy order looking forward to the package.

Ben

Welcome aboard Ben,

You'll have lots of fun here and with your lights. If you don't mind, please fill out your profile with location and such so we might better assist you in the future.

Again, welcome aboard.

Tom

Ben,

Last year was my first with an LOR controller. I had a blast. too! Are you going to run 16 channels? That's what I ran last year.

As Tom suggested, click on my signature at the bottom of my post to see how and why you should update your profile.

Read a lot and have fun!

Michael B

Michael B wrote:

click on my signature at the bottom of my post to see how and why you should update your profile.

Michael,

That was a great idea putting that link at the bottom of your post. Makes it alot easier for folks to update their info. It must be your "Easy Button". That was easy. :]

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Michael B wrote:
click on my signature at the bottom of my post to see how and why you should update your profile.

Michael,

That was a great idea putting that link at the bottom of your post. Makes it alot easier for folks to update their info. It must be your "Easy Button". That was easy. :]

Tom

Tom,

I wish I had an easy button for my light display come November! :laughing:

Ben, you are welcome.

Ben, what are your plans?

Michael B

So far my plans is very small, still working on it, I have a wire frame snow man that is about 6' tall plan on having him light up in white,green,blue. Will also have 12 lighted candy cane down the walkway of the house 6 per side, will have 8 mini trees, 3 lighted raindeer, would like to use the c9 bulbs to outline the front yard, will also have icecle lights white and blue on the front of the house. Also plan own using a Artificail christmas tree that is 6'feet tall to light up in 3 different solid colors, my plans was on putting up a 20' foot mega tree but maybe next year, still looking at the how to of the tree, forgot about the white swag lights that will be put around the privacy fence that shows in the front yard. I am sure I will be adding some more, now thinking about it I may need to get another 16 chan. controller box.

Ben Hopkins wrote:

So far my plans is very small,

Small? Ben sounds like your starting off with a good size display. I'm thinking 32 channels (like you mentioned) might handle the load (swags and C9 bulbs) better and give you room to breath, for your first year.:]

Tom

Thanks Tom, I will more thank likely order another 16 chan. control box, by the way do you know where there is good a source of mini lights, I would like to find mini light in solid colors such as red, blue, etc, need to start working on my snowman.

Thanks again

Ben

2007 was my first year with an animated display and LOR. It was awesome. And everyone in the Chatroom seem more than willing to give advice as to the good, the bad and the ugly. I picked up a lot of good pointers and received great feedback from everyone.

But you can get hooked too. While typing this, I'm listening to PlanetChristmas radio. March 15 and I'm listening to Christmas music. Anyway, my display was only 16 channels and you can see the results at http://www.frontdorr.com. But that was 2006. Plans are for adding another 48 channels this year. The bug has bitten.:waycool:

And you might think about attending PLUS2007. Looks like it will be a great event with lots to learn and lots of enthusiasm.

Enjoy!

Tim

Ben,

Welcome to PC and LOR worlds from a Dallas, Texas native. My advice is to start as big as you can and dive right in. hehehe. Don't worry about how to do this or how to do that. There are so many talented people on this site that love to help newbies.

Believe me, once you get into it, you will want more, More, MOre, MORe, and MORE!

Good luck,

Charles

This year will be my first lor year..... I cant wait, Im poor, have a small house, and im just a kid (16) ..... so my first year will be with 16 channles.

But I learned very fast that the pc community is one of the most helpfull ones online. I have 2 large boxes of lights I got the day after christmass, I have a fm transmitter, Im working on getting the lor demo software working so I can get to programming my sequinces, and I guess I need to also buy some songs.

This year will be my first year and we are going to jump in with 144ch. My wife won't let me sequence. she his having a fun time. 3 song are done 7more to go.

Harold