Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Lor demo software not working

Guest guest

It says I dont have the rights to run the progam, I thought the demo never expired.

I have alredy uninstalled and reinstalled the demo program, same deal

Please help thanks. :?

Attached files 127017=7536-tn_lor error.jpg

re download it and try that after uninstalling the other one...as far as im aware (from what dan told me) the demo does NOT expire...if not, PM me your email addy and ill send the install file for the demo version i got which never gave me that problem

[align=left]ccrptmr6.dll - Here is the scoop on Chat Watch Spyware as it pertains to computer network security. The big question: what is ccrptmr6.dll and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Chat Watch Spyware? [/align]ccrptmr6.dll (Chat Watch Spyware) - Details If your pc has the dll file 'ccrptmr6.dll' on it, your pc may have the spyware program known as 'chat watch' installed. This process could have been installed manually by a user using an installation package (possibly with another application). The 'chat watch' program will monitor activity on your computer and possibly send this information to a third party.
ccrptmr6.dll is considered to be a security risk, not only because spyware removal programs flag Chat Watch Spyware as spyware, but also because a number of users have complained about its performance.
Chat Watch Spyware is likely spyware and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of ccrptmr6.dll may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, such as slow performance, loss of data or leaking private information.

no way.... I have windows defender, ca anti virus, ad-aware, ccleaner, spy catcher, yahoo anti spy, and zone alarm all running on my pc all the time...

All are up to date and I scan with each atleast every 2 weeks...

and I still have viruses....

so I have a virus... anyone know what I shail do...

all I really want to do is run the lor software....

I seriouly downt I actualy have a virus... look at the list of programs I run.... yet on google the list it is a virus so call...

Alredy hitting road blocks way before christmass... yahoo!

Doublea,

Before you go to far, ccrptmr6.dll is not always a virus. It is a component. Components are are small reusable programs that are parts of a larger program.

What you read is correct, it is a component of Chat Watch spyware, but it also a component of other not spyware, non virus, programs, including LOR.

If you do go through the steps of removing it, it will reappear when you install LOR, because it is part of the LOR installation.

Now it is possible for a component to be overwritten by a virus, your anti-virus and other defenses should detect this.

On a Windows XP system, the type of errors you are seeing would indicate a permissions issue, or a conflict with some of your anti-virus or other defenses. Make sure the account you are installing with has administrator privileges on your computer.

Can't help you beyond that, I am a LOR Newbie also.

Good Luck,

jaanth

Doublea,

I had the same exact error trying to load LOR to my computer at work. Being on a military base, thay have a strict program installed on our computers preventing any downloads without prior permission being granted from our comm center. It's more than likely a permission/license issue. If you're using a home computer, you should be able to disable this feature since you are the administrator. If it's at your business/work, you would need to talk with the administrator at your job.

Hope this helps.

Just my thoughts/experience,

Tom

When you installed LOR, did you shut down all nonessential tasks? Some tasks running have been known to interfere with the LOR install. You say you have all these protection programs running all the time. Did you disable them when you installed?

To throw it out this pc was running the lor software just fine 4 months back...

I unisntalled lor all the way with my securuty porgrams shut down... also this time i deleated the lor program file directory. and ran ccleaner to clear out registry errors.

I will restart and try to install again in the next hour or so...

OK, I have uninstalled, restarted, ran windows defender scan , ran ad-aware scan, ran spy catcher scan, ran ca anti virus scan, ran yahoo anti spy scan, No viruses found, restarted, Downloaded demo from lor site, installed.... same deal....

Please help,

Ps) like I said this program ran just fine on this pc 4 months ago. This is a new comuter about 5 months old. Windows xp, amd 3800 x2, 2 gb ram, 250 gb hd.....