Light-O-Rama Forums

Interaction between LCC files and LMS files

Greg.Ca

My question is regarding the interaction between the channel configuration and the programming of the songs. If the channel configuration was changed AFTER the song was programmed, what happens to the effect?

Example, We realized after programming many songs already, that the channels needed for out 'tune to' and our transmitter should never have actually been in our channel configuration so therefore these channels were removed from our channel configuration AFTER the song has already been programmed. Our intension is to put these channels in the background and leave these channels on and running the whole time in the background while the show is playing.

When a song is emailed to me by someone else, it seems to play with THEIR channel configuration. Is somehow their channel configuration imbedded within the LMS file? This 'interaction' eludes my understanding. Just exactly 'how' and 'when' is the LCC file used and how does it get imbedded within the LMS file?

Now, I wonder what will happen in November. We had a problem last year with the same issue as we did have these channels active in the background but they DID NOT turn on as they were in the channel configuration and because they were never turned on in any song, the background channels failed to operate correctly. Unfortunately, we learned this too late.

Rather than tell me whether or not it will work or not work, please educate us on the interaction between the LMS and LCC files. Having an understanding of how and when these files use each other will give us (and possibly others) a better understanding of how LOR software works. Thanks --Greg--

Ok, lets see if I get this correctly. When you build a sequence with the sequence editor. You assign channels of the editor to controllers and their outputs. Once you have all of the channels assigned to all of your controllers and outputs. You can create a exported file of these assignments. Doing so, I believe you make an LCC file. But keep this in mind, when you save your sequence. You are still saving the channel configuration. Now lets say you want to create a new musical sequence. Once you open the new sequence, you can import the channel configuration LCC file so you do not have to do it all over again. Also, lets say you add some new elements to your display, say a mega tree. So open one of your last years sequences and add the new channels that are assigned to the new controllers. Again export the channel configurations to a new LCC file. And then open all of the other musical sequences and import the new LCC file. All you got to do now is actually sequence in the new elements to the song. BTW the visualizer will update too if you updated it in the first song.

Hope I got that all right, ifn not. Someone will be along shortly to correct my mistakes.

LMS stands for Lightorama Musical Sequernce. That's where your lighting effects are programmed and stored. The lighting effects you program have no direct connection to, and will not be changed, by the .lcc file.

LCC stands for Lightorama Channel Configuration. That's where the output of each channel is directed towards a specific controller and circuit. LCC files are a component of LMS files and can be swapped in and out (as Paul described above) with no effect on the lights programming.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

your lcc file is on your computer so when you start a new song you import it into the new sequence,but when you download a song from another source it will be their channel configuraton,but you can import yours into that song once it is on your computer

• Like 1