Light-O-Rama Forums

3d Star

columbus27

I have a 3d star from Christmas Light Show. So I was putting on the rope light and I think I broke one. Does anyone know of a place that makes pre assembled rope light? Or has is there a video out there on how to splice rope light?

Lets see, you are using rope light and you "Broke one". What are you talking about? Is this ican or LED? Rope light is usually spliced using a splice. Did you use a hair drier or heat gun to warm and soften the rope? How did you manage to "Break one"? I just installed 3 lengths of LED rope light on a 3D star and didnt even need to use a heat gun or hair drier. And then I took an eraser head bridge rectifier and install it directly into the rope light and soldered zip cord to the rectifier. Took heat shrink to black out the extra length of rope light. 3 times and all works as planned. You had to get real rough with the rope light to break it.

It is incandescent. And I didn't use a blow drier. I was being careful to make sure I didn't have lights in the edge and corner. Then a section went out.

Oh well. If at first you do not succeed, try, try again. And in my humble opinion. Get LED. More robust and less likely to burn out like icans do. I have gone 99.5% LED cause I dont want to be outside this winter trying to find the blown out bulb(s).

I dont want to be outside this winter trying to find the blown out bulb(s).

Wait a minute Paul, you have a problem finding blown out bulbs?

I'll give you a hint. It won't be lit. :lol: J/K

• Like 1

Wait a minute Paul, you have a problem finding blown out bulbs?

I'll give you a hint. It won't be lit. :lol: J/K

A comedian in every group. :lol: Ya, but what do you do if two or more go out about the same time. Besides, if it was that easy. Then there would be no need for the "Light keeper pro". Ya got me though Santa's Helper. Wise guy. :P

• Like 1

Just doing the rim shot for the Santa's Helper/Max Paul comedy show

Edited by magish01

Just doing the rim shot for the Santa's Helper/Max Paul comedy show

LMAO :lol: Gotcha.

And you're right. We'll be here all week. :D