Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble exporting

mattpatt

Hi,

I'm having a little trouble exporting my sequence. I have 2 CCBs setup as a mega tree (25 pixels each) giving me 8 strings. Each string on the CCB is folded in half. I also have recently added one CCR as a double arch. I have upgraded my Superstar license to 4 CCRs to cover the 2 CCBs and 1 CCR. When I go to export it gives me a error.

Your superstar license requires that your visualization have 600 channels or less in order to export a sequence. Your current visualization has 751 channels.

The only things I have in the visualization are the 8 string mega (made from 2 CCBs) and the two arches. I assume the reason I'm getting this error is because of the way that I had to setup my mega since there is no way to currently properly visualize CCBs setup this way and in order to get it to look right I had to use CCRs instead? In visualizer it shows that I have 8 CCRs in the mega when all I really have is 2 CCBs with each string folded in half.

I'm sure I probably don't have something setup right. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

When you say you have 2 CCBs do you mean you have 2 controllers and a total of

four 50 pixel strings? If so, realize that each string of 50 CCBs is 150

channels and so 1 string of CCBs uses the same number of channels as 1 CCR.

So your 4 CCB strings count as 4 CCRs and then you have one CCR. Each CCR and each CCB string is 150

channels, 5 x 150 = 750. Not sure why the message is saying you have 751

channels. It should be saying you have 750 channels.

Note that it does not matter how many CCR props the visualized shows, what

matters is the total channel count. The SuperStar program is not letting you export because you have more than 600 channels.

Hi Brian,

That is correct. That makes sense. Man these CCBs are a pain to work with. I guess that's the drawback of something that's new. First I wanted to line my eves but found that the software really isn't setup right now to support that and then I wanted to make a half mega tree out of them and now I'm running into issues again. Since they haven't even shipped yet, I'm seriously thinking about calling tomorrow and seeing if they can cancel my order and order another CCR before the sale ends. I have a steep learning curve ahead of me but at least CCRs have been out for a while and I know a lot more people have them than CCBs should I need help with something. Oh and the extra channel is a one channel star I have on top of the mega tree.

Matt

The advantage of the CCBs is that you get two 50 pixel strings for about the same price as one CCR. The advantage of the CCRs to me is that they are brighter and create a more continuous line of lights. The choice of course is yours as to which one you like best.

That's what initially attracted me to the CCBs was 100 pixels versus only 50 with the CCR but you also have to consider the licensing aspect of it as well. One CCB is effectively 2 CCRs No offense, but that can get real expensive real quick if you use Superstar. This is something I didn't know about and take into account when I ordered the CCBs. I'm at the 4 CCR level now on Superstar and for me to go to 8 which is the next level is another $100! So it's going to cost me another $100 to do what I want to do or I can cancel my order for the two CCBs and get one more CCR to play with and save almost $400. Cost of two CCBs with shipping is $541.35 - cost of one CCR $243.01 = $298.34 + not having to upgrade my Superstar license again ($100).

Sorry. One workaround is to sequence the CCBs by themselves and sequence the CCR by itself. Export them both and use copy/paste to combine them. It would be a pain, and it means you can't sequence them all at the same time. But it's the best thing I can think of to do.

Hi Brian,

Yes, that it my whole delima. I thought about sequencing them separate but like you said that would be a pain to do. When I had everything imported into Superstar and was playing around with auto sequencing it was looking pretty neat.

Thanks for all your help!

Matt

Also, do you care if I start a thread at the top of the forum about the licensing issue so that others will know about it before they jump into using CCBs (and I assume CCP)? Or maybe I'm the only one who didn't know about it? :-) I was thinking in terms of controllers (i.e one controller equals on CCR license, etc.) and not the number of pixels allowed. Thanks again for all your help.

Matt

Posting a thread that makes it clear that the CCR license refers to the number of strings/channels and not controllers would be good.

When I play my Super Star with Visualizer all look great but when I export and put it into my main sequence it comes out upside down and backwards. I notice that the channels in SS 1-10 are in the opposit order to how they display when I am building and playing in SS. What I had to do was copy the first row from the export and past it in the 10 row of my sequence, etc. What am I doing wrong?

It sounds like you are using SuperStar in CCR mode (not using an imported visualization). If that is true, then SuperStar requires your CCRs to be in order from left to right if it is a vertical display, and from bottom to top if it is a horizontal display.

If your CCRs are in the expected order then try playing the exported sequence as a "stand alone" sequence. Verify that the exported file plays things right side up. Next look at the order in which you have your CCRs in your main sequence, they should be in order from top downward. This is the same order you will see them in the exported sequence. You should be able to then copy/paste all the CCRs as a group from the exported sequence to the main sequence.

This all can be confusing, feel free to post again if the above is not clear.

My use od the CCB's is horizontal 10 by 50. Just learning how to use Super Star so I just did the simple stuff with a 10 row layout. Then I used the Instant Sequence adding a scroll of words at the end of the piece. It look fine when I play so I brought in my house layout from visualizer and it played fine. When I exported and played in stand alone it is upside down and backwards. Based on what you said I should realign the layers of effects so they are bottom to top and not as they were automatically generated, top to bottom? That is basically what I did in S3 as I copied and pasted each channels effects.

It sounds like you have your controllers on the opposite side of where the software expects them to be on your horizontal matrix. In the SuperStar Sequencer click on the Tools menu and select Layout. At the bottom of the Layout dialog box there is a setting for the location of your controllers, left or right. Set this setting to match the location of your controllers and I'll bet that will fix it.

Unfortunately the text is upside down when the controller is left or right. Guess I need to open a ticket with LOR.

No need to open a ticket with LOR, it will come to me either way. Which side do you have your controllers on? Do you have the CCRs ordered from bottom to top?