Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy/Paste with Channel Groups.

SteveL

Hey guys, LOVING the grouping features in S3. Not sure if this is a bug or I'm not using Groups as intended.

If I have a group of channels, and I collapse the group, I can then click on a cell for the group, hit "n" and the group turns on. If I expand the group, every channel in the group is on. Perfect!

If I collapse the group, go to another channel that is already on, select a cell, hit copy, then go to the group and paste, the group turns on. But now when I expand the group, only the first channel is on. It's as is copy/paste doesn't treat the group as a group.

I'm trying to copy exisiting sequencing for a single channel to multiple channels. I thought I could use the groups to accomplish this, though with copy/paste functioning this way, it's not going to work.

-Steve Lelinski

If you copy a single channel, then you will paste only a single channel. Thus when you are going up to grab a single cell and copy, you are only going to paste that single cell. The software doesn't go "Hey, this is a group, I should paste this to all channels in the group." It will paste that single cell, only.

If you have a collapsed group and you hit copy/paste, you will paste the entire contents of that group. This is true regardless of whether your destination is another group, or single cells.

That's exactly what it's doing! So clearly I'm trying to use groups in a way they weren't intended.

Just like we have paste foreground/background options, it would be great to have "treat collapsed groups as a single channel" paste option.

Guest Don Gillespie

That's exactly what it's doing! So clearly I'm trying to use groups in a way they weren't intended.

Just like we have paste foreground/background options, it would be great to have "treat collapsed groups as a single channel" paste option.

Actually the groups work very well if you want the group of chanels to be on when you paste then hit the paste multiple when you paste and change the number in the second column to however many items you have in your group, works great for me