Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB's on roof line

mattpatt

In the Visualizer, you have to create 2 strings with different ID's. String 1 Unit 1, String 2 Unit 2. As of right now, the visualizer does not support CCP/B, But it's on the wishlist.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/20608-ccb-in-visualizer/ Post# 15

When you set it up in the sequence editor,

Right click and select "Insert Device" ->, "Below"->Under Cosmic Color Device Settings, select your unit id and network, then "CCB with 2 Strings". click on show advanced options and do the following, Under the heading "Unit ID for CCB string 2",select "String 2 has own unit ID (Native mode Unit ID + 1).

You're done. In the SE it will show "CCD 01". Expand it and it will show your 2 strings with the macro channels.

Hope I helped out.

That all works but how to I configure the controller to respond to the two different Unit Id's. I currently have it on Unit Id 13 but can't figure out how to fer it to recognize Unit Id 14 for the second string.

I mis spoke. In the sequence editor I did as you said but I have nothing that says CCB with 2 strings. I am a v 3.2.4,

Hope it is not to late to get in on the CCB discussion. I configured my CCB controller per the setup instructions and then built my channel configuration accordingly with a single Unit ID and channels 1-157 an 161 - 314 to control the two strings. I have been using HLD to build and test my design but since I added CCB's which it doesn't support, I tried the visualizer. That is when I started have problems addressing channels 161-314. I read this about configuring as Dual Normal but can't figure out how to do that. I thought it would be in the Hardware Utility when you flash the controllers Unit ID but unless there is a magic drop down or button, I can't find it. I checked Sequence Editir, Super Star and Visualizer and find nothing on Dual Normal. I have searched the documentation with no luck. I have changed the channed configuration in the sequesnce editor to have a different Unit ID for each set of 50 lights and built my display in Visualizer that way and it work but this isn't the real controller and pixels. Somehow I have to be able to assign the Unit Id to the controller so it knows that it is two and not one. How is that done?

Good question, I forgot to mention to be sure to have the latest version of the S3 software because the "Dual Normal" is a new feature. Go to the LOR software download page and download the latest version of the S3 software and you should then see "Dual Normal" as one of the options in the hardware utility.

I feel kind of stupid now. When I put the version number in it dawned on me that I had not checked for an update in a while. Once update all is good. Thankn to all.