Light-O-Rama Forums

more channels

klomneck

A friend of mine gave me 4 Renard 24ss controllers and I would like to use them. I currently have 256 channels using all LOR. If someone could tell me what is needed to run Renard with LOR software. I have seen other shows that mix the two, but I have never asked as to how they work together. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin

The other option to changing the firmware to DMX is to use an E1.31 to DMX/renard bridge like the J1sys ECG-D2 or the DIY kit with the RPM bridge. The ECG-D2 will output renard but just needs a simple adaptor cable to be made to change the pin configuration as the renard and DMX use different pins for data.

You could use the RPM or the ECG-DR4 bridges which use onboard jumpers to change the pin configuration.

Just another option

I'm using the RPM DMX bridge for my tree full of balls. I have two of them and they are sweet.

:o

Wait, are you talkin about the trees? Or tree?

Edited by Santas Helper

Guest wbottomley

...and I put an RPM in the mail this morning. It'd be nice to show people some of this stuff wouldn't it? Too bad. Not worth the trouble it presents.

Jeff

LOL. And... I owe a huge debt of gratitude to you.

Guest Don Gillespie

The other option to changing the firmware to DMX is to use an E1.31 to DMX/renard bridge like the J1sys ECG-D2 or the DIY kit with the RPM bridge. The ECG-D2 will output renard but just needs a simple adaptor cable to be made to change the pin configuration as the renard and DMX use different pins for data.

You could use the RPM or the ECG-DR4 bridges which use onboard jumpers to change the pin configuration.

Just another option

Is it me or does any one else feel like this is a sales pitch for some type of company every time there is a post from edvas69

just askin.

I see sale pitches from a lot of different people and I went with the one I wanted, that suits me and only me.

Thomas

The stuff you currently have has to match what you'll get, or you can't have it.

I want be getting it all, but I will get part of it. The matching part. LOL

Thomas

and then you found out you were one of my favorite LOR members

I thought I was your favorite :)

Is it me or does any one else feel like this is a sales pitch for some type of company every time there is a post from edvas69

just askin.

I have done several post with no mention of e1.31 controllers, and then when i give someone a valid alternative then i get my head chewed off.

I know some of you guys will call anything other than your own opinion a sales pitch. Seems like some of you guys dont like people having choices. Its funny because its some of the same guys that have had constant battles in the past with other members, this just seem to be bullying once again because it doesnt meet opinions and this is why LOR forum has had a bad reputation in the past.

The difference here is i wont allow myself to be bullied because im at least one of those users who has been there and done that. i have LOR gear, J1SYS gear, Sandevices gear, tiger gear, stellascapes gear and Chinese gear, so i havent limited myself to just a couple of choices. i prefer to help people by making choices known. If it wasnt for me and some others then people here wouldnt even know about the J1SYS products because thats the way some want it.

I just wonder when some of you will wake up and not act like as a bunch of dogs fighting over a tree, Doesnt seem like thats in the best interest for the community.

Edited by edvas69

If you have an issue with a members posts, please address it via PM with the user, PM with myself, or by contacting LOR Support.

Airing out differences with other users in threads such as this one does nothing to help the OP with the original question.

Thank you. Thread will re-open in ~24 hours.

• The topic was locked