Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Training? Yes or No?

bgwyn

My husband and I are thinking of attending a LOR 2 day training. The cost is $400 per person and of course hotel, gas, and eats so you can pretty much say this is going to be pretty expensive. I certainly don't mind paying for this if it is really going to help us newbies out especially with sequencing. I would like some input from those who have attended one of these trainings. You may feel more comfortable responding privately but I certainly would like to hear about your experience. Thank you!

I take it that it's Drew who is teaching the class? I went to the PC Expo last year and went to Drew's class. There were folks there who set up professional displays, I asked why "they" were there and the answer was that there is always something to learn about, new tricks, and shortcuts to doing things, etc. And they were right, I learned a bunch of stuff that makes life easier. Is it worth the money? I think so. Who does the sequencing? You, your hubby? If both, you may both want to go. That will be up to you folks. Hope this helps,

Bill

I attended Drew's class in Sacramento, although I had been sequencing LOR shows for two years and found it very useful.

First day I contributed more than I received, but the second day was the opposite and everybody in class had a great time.

I setup both commercial and residental displays and have a background in lighting design, electronics and electrical stuff.

Very worthwhile and you get a neat binder full of good material.

Load up your laptop with LOR S3 and be prepared to play with many different types of controllers.

I attended Drew's class at the expo last summer. allthough I feel very confortable with sequenceing, I found the class VERY useful. Lots of tips and tricks. Unlike some classes where you get boarded with the stuff you already know, Drew's training kept your attention.

The question in my opinion is your ability to afford the $400 each.

bottom line = Excellent and worth my time and money.