Light-O-Rama Forums

Will a PCI-DIO96H board work with LOR

Guest guest

I just purchased a PCI-DIO96H board on eBay for $10. (Brand new with the header cable.) I currently have a CYDIO 48HP I'used last yer with LOR.

Anyone know if a PCI-DIO96H with work with LOR software?

Thanks

As long as it will run with Measurement Computing's Instacal driver. I'm using a Measurement Computing PCI-DIO24H to drive 24 SSRs.

If it's a National Instruments board, I couldn't get one of those to work with LOR. I donated it to the DIY group so they could bug fix their software...

jeff

Edit for spelling.

You Dawg...

I was watching that too but wasnt around at the close of the auction. Please let me know if youget it to work. I also have the Instacal drivers if you need them. I currently use (2) ISA PIO-96 cards with LOR and they work great. I had a NI -48 and was not able to get it to work with the Instacal driver. I just worry that someday that PC will die and the ISA cards will be obsolete. Dan will love that since I will have to replace them with LOR controllers.

I also have been able to get REL-8 and REL-16 cards work. THey are a mechanical relay device that I have used for low voltage controls. The next thing you will need (after you get it working) is a way to get it to connect to SSRs. This place on Ebay is quite reasonable and I have bought from them before.

http://stores.ebay.com/DAQ-STUFF-STORE_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Joe

Joe,

I 've been using a PCI CyberReasearch CYDIO 48HP with LOR, works great. For fun I purchased a box of X10 and used a couple with the 48 port CYDIO card. It was intersteing to see both working together.

I want to buy some LOR controllers, but with this card selling for $20 for 96 ports I couldn't resist. A couple of years ago I purchased 250 - 5 amp SSR relays for $2.00-$3.00 each looks like I'm going to use for 96 more.

Fazgood wrote:

I just worry that someday that PC will die and the ISA cards will be obsolete. Dan will love that since I will have to replace them with LOR controllers.

Joe

I feel your pain. The relic of a PC that I have now has one of the 192-port cyber research cards in it, but of course its ISA. I don't even remember now why I opted for that instead of PCI. Must've been cheaper. I am getting a 'new' hand-me-down PC from work that's a pentium 4 but of course there's no ISA slots.

Oh well, last year I was down to running only 32 relays. That's only 2 LOR cards I guess. But it was nice to have this low-cost option for stuff that didn't need to fade or dim.

I guess I'll see what I score during the spring LOR sale. I might be getting rid of the CR card and about 100 SSRs. ;-)

Douggg wrote:

It's a CyberResearch PCI-DIO96H. Guess it will work.

CyberResearch is a reseller for Measurement Computing. They change the part numbers a litte but it is all Measurement Computing and it will work.

(That was a great deal on an IO card!)