Light-O-Rama Forums

Creative Lighting Displays Sequences

CLD Kevin

Wanted to let you all know that I just uploaded 11 Sequences from my 2009/2010 Halloween shows. Range from 104 to 132 channels. This includes everything...house, yard, trees, pumpkins and 4 singing faces.

It will probably take a few hrs for the files download. Once they are ready, I'll open the purchase link. These sequences were before I went RGB.

If you purchased the face only sequence and want to whole enchilada, then send me an email to info@createlightingdisplays.com and you'll only have to pay the difference.

I have receive many complains about the sequences being protected. I understand your point and hopefully you understood why I did it. There has been too many requests to modify to their setup or don’t want to purchase because they are protected. I'm hoping everyone will respect my work and not copy and paste, change a few items and how consider them "modified" and end up selling them on eBay or worse. We pretty much stick together as a community and I don’t think any of you would do this...hopefully :huh: So I have open up the sequences and removed the protection.

I will email those who have already purchased the protected face sequences and send an open copy. Please be patient…it will take some time to get to them all.

Now, my 2011 sequences with 1100+ channels are next. I have 6 songs and will upload as soon as I can.

www.store.creativelightingdisplays.com

Kevin

Edited by CLD Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

I will peruse your selection more carefully now and likely buy a few.

Taking a well done sequence and tailoring for ones own sequence is well worth the cost for the time saved and the finished result.

First off love your display! Yourself and RH were the reason I got into this.

2. IS there a reason your 'This is Halloween' doesnt include the intro? Thats my favorite part :)

If you look again, I have both...with and without intro. The one with the intro is called "This is Halloween Extended". The one without is just "This is Halloween". I did this because I custom made the audio by taking the clip from the movie. Wanted to give both options. Maybe I should change the name to "This is Halloween with Intro"??

Kevin

Maybe I should change the name to "This is Halloween with Intro"??

Though I'm not planning to buy that sequence (so I don't get to have much of an opinion here), that sounds like a good idea to me. "Extended" makes me thing there's something added on to the end, rather than the beginning. But that may just be me.

On your site it says audio file not included. I have no idea how to cut the intro from the movie like you did. Does this particulat sequence include the audio file ;) ;) PM if you can

There is a Free program called audacity that will allow you to take an audio file and basically edit it any way you wish....download the Program "AUDACITYY" an you tube directions on how to's for Audacity..it will guide you step by step on what and how...

Hope that helps.

I can not sell nor give away the audio with the sequence...I don't have legal right to the audio tracks. So you will need to legally purchase the audio file from like iTunes or Amazon. It clearly states that it in the on every page for the sequences.

I used Audacity as the above poster suggested to edit my audio tracks. Very simple program to use.

Now maybe someone can chime in on this cuz I'm not sure....if you can prove to me that you own a copy of the audio file by either a receipt or the audio file itself, then I'm thinking I could give you a copy of the modified track.

Or maybe I have to go this route....if you send me a legal copy of your audio file, I send it back to you modified.

Please don't start sending me audio files now!!!! I'm just inquiring.

Kevin

That sounds good I didn't mean to ask you to do something you don't have the right to do. I hope one of the many LOR members here can chime in and verify one of the above methods are permitted and I would gladly do either route.

Thanks again Kevin

That sounds good I didn't mean to ask you to do something you don't have the right to do. I hope one of the many LOR members here can chime in and verify one of the above methods are permitted and I would gladly do either route.

Thanks again Kevin

No, no...no problem. I just wanted to make it clear that audio files are NOT included. And yes...someone please chime if they know.

BTW, I changed the sequences to be named "This is Halloween with Intro" so there is no confusion on which sequenced includes the intro at the beginning.

Also, I've recieved a few emails asking if the sequences are protected. Just to be clear...all sequences are NOT protected. They are all open to be modifed by you.

Kevin

No, no...no problem. I just wanted to make it clear that audio files are NOT included. And yes...someone please chime if they know.

BTW, I changed the sequences to be named "This is Halloween with Intro" so there is no confusion on which sequenced includes the intro at the beginning.

Also, I've received a few emails asking if the sequences are protected. Just to be clear...all sequences are NOT protected. They are all open to be modifed by you.

Kevin

Is the audio on iTunes with the intro?

Is the audio on iTunes with the intro?

No it's not. Just the original track. You will have to modify it yourself.

So let me add another disclaimer. If I stated the track has been modified, then you must do it yourself. They were all pretty simple mods by shorting the song or adding something at the beginning...nothing in the middle. For this is Halloween with Intro, I just recorded the audio intro from the movie into my PC. I then used Audacity to add at the beginning. Yours doesn't have to match my exact. You can just adjust the sequence timing to match.

Kevin

No it's not. Just the original track. You will have to modify it yourself.

So let me add another disclaimer. If I stated the track has been modified, then you must do it yourself. They were all pretty simple mods by shorting the song or adding something at the beginning...nothing in the middle. For this is Halloween with Intro, I just recorded the audio intro from the movie into my PC. I then used Audacity to add at the beginning. Yours doesn't have to match my exact. You can just adjust the sequence timing to match.

Kevin

Therein lies the issue for me, for a variety of reasons I don't want to modify the audio. Am ok with buying your sequence and putting it to good use. could I buy the audio and send it to you and have you return a modified version?

Kevin, a truly awesome job indeed on all the pieces!

For PRA on the store page, is the sequence you're selling the same as used on your house, meaning, I'd be able to watch your house video, and know where to cut the audio (shorten it) to fit? Did you use a .wav or cbr .mp3 (for timings) ?

Kevin, a truly awesome job indeed on all the pieces!

For PRA on the store page, is the sequence you're selling the same as used on your house, meaning, I'd be able to watch your house video, and know where to cut the audio (shorten it) to fit? Did you use a .wav or cbr .mp3 (for timings) ?

Yes. I didn’t do much editing. It was either at the beginning or the end. The only one that I really edit was "The Haunted Mansion". I took several parts from the CD and other sounds and kinda created my own track. That one would be tough to match.

But I'm thinking if you send me your audio file, I should be able to send it back modified. I'm not selling it and your not buying it from me....I'm just modifying your file that you got from somewhere else. I'm not even charging for modifying the audio. At least that’s how I see it. This way you get the exact audio.

And all my audio files are .wav.

Kevin

kewl, I like that.. ok.. I gotta find which computer it's on, then I'll do the PRA purchase.. you'll get the notice then we can work out the clipping..

Just an update....I have uploaded all my sequences from my 2011 shows on my online store.

This are the 1100+ channel sequences and are not protected....complete open for you to modify to fit your setup.

Kevin

• 2 months later...

2 minutes to the NFL kickoffs and I am out in the garage working on lights (story of my life)

Kevin wanted to thank you for all the help with the sequences I purchased. The show went live Oct 11th with the new additions of 'THis is Halloween with Intro' crowd favorite for sure and Boom Boom Pow and Pump It. This in addition to the 7 I had already made for a great show. Our neighbor was having a party and everyone came out to watch it. Which was a pretty cool feeling. Last night the wifey and I came home around 10 and there was a car with two kids sticking their head out of the sunroof watching the show and the Mom rolled down her window and said "AWESOME job guys" This makes everything worth while in my book. Thanks again Kevin