Light-O-Rama Forums

Led Running Water

drivemewilder

I have just completed landscaping my front yard. A total makeover that will better accomodate my Christmas light display. But i wanted to see about using the LED's i'm not using and a LOR controller not being used the other 10 months of the year, to create a fake stream. If not a stream, then just moving water. I'm sure someone has done this and has a pic/video of it. Any links to where i can find it?

seen it done two ways. One way is not with lights or controllers like you have now. But done with either led pixel strips or CCR units. They are laid length wise and programmed to ripple down the length. The other way to use what lights you have and controllers. Lets say you want your stream 2' wide. Take 1st string and zig-zag back and forth till you use us the string. Then add another string next to the first, and zig-zag this one too. Continue till you run out of strings or channels. Personally to save on channels I would determine how many channels it will take to get a good rippling effect then start doubling up on strings per channel.

If all else fails you could try using some curtain lights. They seam to look alright, and would probably make a pretty convincing stream for your show.

warm-curtain-lights0_xxxlarge.jpg