Light-O-Rama Forums

Lor .bak Files Can't Open

rangebob

Opening .bak files. I have some sequences that I worked on before (2years). I have it in a .lms.bak and lms.lcs type of files but not the straight .lms. I attempted to rename it and drop the .bak and LOR didn't like that. What do I need to do to restore the files to a usable state.

Opening .bak files. I have some sequences that I worked on before (2years). I have it in a .lms.bak and lms.lcs type of files but not the straight .lms. I attempted to rename it and drop the .bak and LOR didn't like that. What do I need to do to restore the files to a usable state.

Can you be more specific when you say that "LOR didn't like that"? What did LOR do or what did the error message read?

.lcs files are native to S3 and they're used by the show player - I don't think they can be opened by the Sequence Editor. But William's advice should work just fine on the .bak files.

What software version and license level are you using?

You might have file extensions for known file types hidden on your computer. It’s been a problem for others in the past.

To unhide them in XP open windows explorer, from the menu select Tools / Folder Options, click on the View tab, scroll down to "Hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck the box, click Apply.

If you have another OS search for the option.