Light-O-Rama Forums

Using A Solid Color In The Dmx Sequence Timing Editor?

bdeditch

Not sure if this is the right forum to post in. I have no problem copying and pasting a color fade, e.g Red to blue, in the RGB channelsa of a sequence, but if I want to do a solid color only in, e.g. say 5 of the 10 timings in a second, I am having one heck of a time. I have to click on one that is the right color, right click and copy, and then paste on each timing that I want the color to be there. And I doing something wrong? I do have DMX editing clicked.

Not sure if this is the right forum to post in. I have no problem copying and pasting a color fade, e.g Red to blue, in the RGB channelsa of a sequence, but if I want to do a solid color only in, e.g. say 5 of the 10 timings in a second, I am having one heck of a time. I have to click on one that is the right color, right click and copy, and then paste on each timing that I want the color to be there. And I doing something wrong? I do have DMX editing clicked.

Let me rephrase this. If your timing grid has 10 sections per second and I wanted to have yellow in every second timing grid in that second.

e,g off/yellow/off/yellow/off/yellow/off/yellow/off/yellow

You can set the color fade tool to have the same start and end color, to use as the tool to build the first cell or all the cells.

Then you could use copy/paste to move that first cell to the rest...

OK that I tried, but what if you were to copy and paste a timing from a non dmx channel to a dmx channel and then just change the color of each on one. That is where I am having the problem. I get the color fader and have yellow on both sides and I would figure that if you had your LOR button to "On" and you touched the grid segment it would change to yellow, but it just goes to white and it pastes as white as well.

I could be wrong but the on and off buttons on rgb either turn on as white or off as black you need to use the fade tool and have the same colour both ends to colour with rgb I guess your the same guy on the Facebook page

I could be wrong but the on and off buttons on rgb either turn on as white or off as black you need to use the fade tool and have the same colour both ends to colour with rgb I guess your the same guy on the Facebook page

Yes I think that is the only options right now, off or white color. I guess I will have to do it the long way.

If you have an RBG cell narrowed down to 1 line, instead of opened to R, G, B showing as 3 lines, when you set an on command in the line its turning all 3 Red Green and Blue on full power, indicating white. You would have to use the fade tool to create the color you want for each Yellow. What you can do as you have to drag the fade tool to make the color not just click is Pull the color for the entire strip you want. Then with the on/off tools run off every other cell to meet your needs. Then copy and paste that to as many pixels or strips you need.

If you have an RBG cell narrowed down to 1 line, instead of opened to R, G, B showing as 3 lines, when you set an on command in the line its turning all 3 Red Green and Blue on full power, indicating white. You would have to use the fade tool to create the color you want for each Yellow. What you can do as you have to drag the fade tool to make the color not just click is Pull the color for the entire strip you want. Then with the on/off tools run off every other cell to meet your needs. Then copy and paste that to as many pixels or strips you need.

Yes I think there is no other choice, its to bad that a person could not choose a color and be able to use it like you can the fade tool

email the wish list. I can see how this would be a useful option to stick with a single color to do the field.