Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Programming

flyinbyu20

Hello! I have used the sequence editor in the past to make my halloween and christmas light shows, and this year I bought 2 CCR to bring it up one step further. The trouble I am having is how to even go about programming these things, I am trying to use the same software I did for the light shows and only getting random LEDs to light. Can anyone help me get started with this, I am just trying to make leaping arches. Thanks!!

Sometimes the CCRs come with Unit id mode set to Legacy. Check to make sure its in Normal mode. Triples 50

HWUccr.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions that came with it, and it is set to both of those you had mentioned. I was able to "test" the CCR and doing various things with it using the light-o-rama hardware test, like shown in your screen shot above. I just don't know how to set it up in the sequence editor, how to change the colors in it, etc... For instance, if you load a typical 16 unit controller, you get 16 units on the side. But how do I do it with the CCR? Thanks!

post-8402-0-10640800-1342970367_thumb.jp

Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions that came with it, and it is set to both of those you had mentioned. I was able to "test" the CCR and doing various things with it using the light-o-rama hardware test, like shown in your screen shot above. I just don't know how to set it up in the sequence editor, how to change the colors in it, etc... For instance, if you load a typical 16 unit controller, you get 16 units on the side. But how do I do it with the CCR? Thanks!

The newer versions of the software have the ability to "Insert device" to the channel grid. Right click on your last channel and select "Insert Device->Insert Device Below." A pop-up box will appear and you can add a "Cosmic Color Device" and then configure that for a CCR.

It worked!! Now before I got your video, I was playing around in Superstar and got it to work also. What is the easiest way to program a CCR in your opinion, doing just arches and chasing lights...?

Also how can you make it show specific colors? Like I know you can turn on on red green and blue and make colors from those, but let's say I want a specific orange...?

Click on "Tools -> Color Fade"

Remember this - If you 'fade' from Orange to Orange you get ... Orange. It's called the Color Fade Tool, but you can use it for single colors as well.

Use the color fade tool. Set both sides the same for a solid color. Orange is a known color of full red and half green.

ColorFade.jpg

Its great that you have them hooked up so you can see the CCRs work. Do you have it set up in the visualizer too? I suggest you do a slow fade from red to yellow and see at what point is the orange you want to use.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I have been doing very well with the CCRs and traditional LOR controllers separately...but when I try to add them together into a sequence, either I can get the CCRs to work or the other controllers but never both. If I set the CCRs to unit IDs 1 and 2, then they will perform but the rest of the controllers do not...and if I make the other 3 x16 channel controllers have unit IDs of 1 , 2, 3, and the CCRs as 4, and 5, then the CCRs no longer work but the 3 other boxes do... ideas?

post-8402-0-32939400-1344540455_thumb.jp

post-8402-0-95685800-1344540455_thumb.jp

...and if I make the other 3 x16 channel controllers have unit IDs of 1 , 2, 3, and the CCRs as 4, and 5, then the CCRs no longer work but the 3 other boxes do... ideas?

Your license level is "Basic". According to the Software page, a Basic license will only let you control 2 controllers.

Real quick, what is the best way to mount the CCR to a roof line without a gutter? I thought strong double stick mounting squares that can take up to a 1lb, but they don't stick to the CCR plastic... Any help?