Light-O-Rama Forums

A Bit Slow Compared To Sequence Editor?

LENNY RUEL

Should I have a little bit of delay between my editor and Visualizer screen? I'm spot on in the editor but when we watch it on the Vis screen it seems a pinch late. I also see it can't quite always keep up with the speed of some of the elements, you don't get all of the subtleties...

Thanks.....

Lenny

I had the same problem, sounds like you need to upgrade your computer. Thats how I corrected my issues. You can also run the Visualizer on a seperate PC, I've done that also with no lag issues.

New Laptop last summer....

Aspire laptop #5250-BZ853 with 2 GB DDR3 memory 320 GB HDD dual core.

Edited by LENNY RUEL

I would think it would have to do with processor speed not memory. What is your Ghz?

It can also be memory, especially with a laptop since its video processing shares the system memory and the Visiualizer does do alot of video processing

I'm not so sure Processor, video card or memory will fix the problem, at least it did not for me. I had and still have the same issue.

My old PC was a 4 core processor, 4g ram and a 512mb 3d video card running W7 32 bit, my new PC is a 6 core i7 processor with 16 gb of ram, a 1gb ati Radeon HD 5670 video card and now running W7 64 bit, the visualizer still lags at times. The frame rate will go down to 10 fps. I've also noticed that the new visualizer is slightly behind in playback compared to the old one. The less lights that are on at a time increases the framerate.

I have noticed the smaller you make the background it does help, but I like having full screen when watching and for this I go back to the old one.

I was wondering if it could possible be network related even though I don't watch it through another unit, the visualizer still goes out and looks for an IP address if I understand it correctly, mine is still set at the default.

Any thoughts as to what I might be doing wrong to get such a poor framerate? A setting I'm missing or something like that?

Thanks

I had the same problem, sounds like you need to upgrade your computer. Thats how I corrected my issues. You can also run the Visualizer on a seperate PC, I've done that also with no lag issues.

I need to retract what I said early in this thread. When I run the visualizer on the same PC as sequence editor, I still get a very minor lag. When I run the visualizer on my laptop and the sequence editor on my desktop I dont see a lag at all. So my conclusion is to run the visualizer on a seperate PC from where you are editing. As long as you have a good network, I don't think you wiil see a lag.

Hope this helps.

Ken

The Visualizer lagged behind the SE on my laptop. I reduced the number of lights in my Visualizer and that did not help. Then I changed the Power Options setting from maximize battery life to maximize performance. Voila! Problem fixed!