Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR problem....

Guest guest

OK I already searched here and LOR WIKI for this problem and no luck. Right now I have my valentines day display up. It consists about 3500 lights with 9 spot lights up against the house. I have two LOR1602W units. I am using 31 out of 32 channels. Well on saturday I was out and supposedly some of the lights went on during the day. So when my mom told me I didn't believe her. she said she flipped the switches inside, (just in case there was an emergancy, god forbid) Anyway today I wake up to flood lights flashing into my bedroom window. So I walked outside to see what was lighting up and seeing if it was the same unit, and it was. Everything on the second unit was doing a twinkle effect, so I unplugged the board to find the problem which wasn't found. So what I am trying to figure out is what is making the second unit turn on at various times and creating a twinkle effect. Any help would be great!

Do you have an old sequence loaded into the controller?

Is it possible, if connected to a computer, that you have a rouge schedule set up you forgot about?

Only two ideas I have this morning.

Well Don, it is connected to the computer, but there is not show scheduled to turn on.... plus it is comming on at random times...

and Dale, its not really a sequence.... it seems just like a random blinking on and off similar to a twinkle ONLY on the second unit

Joe,

Have you tried resetting your controller? If I remember correctly, unplugging it, setting the controller numbers to 00 and then back to the controller number you originally had it set to. What type of lights are you using?

Tom

Joe Petrowski wrote:

Thats what i am going to do (reset the controller) I am using mostly mini lights. But on that same unit i have some reg. flood lights and some rope light

Good luck Joe and let us know either way if it fixes it or not. And as for the lights, I was just curious.

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Joe,

Have you tried resetting your controller? If I remember correctly, unplugging it, setting the controller numbers to 00, plug in for 10 seconds, unplug and then back to the controller number you originally had it set to. What type of lights are you using?

Tom

Tom thought I would just add the little procedure in bold, it is necessary to do a reset.

Joe, I have controllers do this periodically, Here in the Northwest I blame it on moisture and the very poor enclosure and mountings that I use. Dan builds them, I make every attempt to destroy them. I believe the reset will solve your problems, and do it on both controllers. This year the lights started up 2 weeks after we shut down. The controller that was wet caused the problem but the effect was seen of other controllers wired and wirelessly connected to the unruly unit.