Light-O-Rama Forums

6 Extra Channels 1800 Blue Minis, Need Some Ideas On What To Use Them For

robo

I finished my layout for my first year of LOR. But I have 6 channels out of 64 channels not being used. I have a 22' mega tree with 3000 white lights, and 3 arches with 1500 white lights. My whole house is in white incans. But I got 1800 blue light and 7 channels that are not being used. Any ideas or links for what I could use them for? 7 Mini Trees? Single mega pole? Do you think the blue will look odd with all the white lights in my display? or will it "pop" nicely? Thanks Rob

Edited by robo

with the 6 channels of blue why not make a weber effect with the blue on the mega? I think the blue spiral will look good on a white tree.

Yes 22' you got me on that one!

Do you thing just 6 channels on a 22' tree would be enough to have a spiral visually look good?

first year with any lights, but I would say in the neighborhood of 8k-10k incans. The blue are incans as well. Do you think being a noobie at this that a spiral will be tough with the spacing at 22' tall. I bought the 22' mega tree set-up from christmaslightshow.com. I did do a test run with that set-up and it did go up pretty easy, just worried about spacing and sagging if I run the spiral ontop of the white strings. Would I have to run 16 guide wires to get the spiral to look correct?

Yes, I agree about this forum. I had some technical issues when I was learning to sequence and The members on here worked with me for 2 days to help me figure it out.

My opinion, and this is only my opinion, is that six channels won't be enough to create the spiral effect you're probably looking for. On top of that is the fact they're blue incans and not LEDs and you're not going to get any "pop" with blue incans, even if they still look blue after the first week they're out.

My vote would be for mini trees. I think they'll give you the most bang for the buck.

• Like 1

I agree with George,I would do 5 mini trees( I think odds numbers sequence better),then with the extra channel put about 15 strobes in the mega tree. see you just added two new features with six channels ;)

I love the spiral tree idea, but I'm have the same concerns with only 6 channels. Plus the added time installing the lights with proper spacing, etc... Maybe thats something that I could do on my second year.

With the mini trees do you think that the blue lights will pop out in a good way with everything else being white. And I mean everything is white!

What about a 6 section light tower? 3 stacks with 600 lights?

I agree with George,I would do 5 mini trees( I think odds numbers sequence better),then with the extra channel put about 15 strobes in the mega tree. see you just added two new features with six channels ;)

I did buy 50 LED strobes so I guess it's better to have them on 2 or 3 channels to make them flash in a more random pattern.