Light-O-Rama Forums

Super Star Visualization Mode

dougd

I have created a visualization file that has my RBG props in it. 6 arches, 32 pixels each. 8 poles, 16 pixels each, 2 fans, 128 pixels each, 1 row of 64 pixels.

When I bring that into super star, it grabs as close to 50 pixels as it can and makes a "TCM" out of it. What I was hoping to do was have each prop be 1 TCM so I could take advantage of all 24 TCM's. Hopefully that makes sense. Is this at all doable? I am working mostly in the instant sequence part of super star currently. I know I can control the lights that I am refering to in normal mode.

Thanks

Doug

You can have up to 24 sequencing rows, and you can assign any of 4 TCMs to each row.

Currently, the only way to get each one of your props on a different sequencing row is to move them so that when you look at the Visualization each prop is on a different row. Also, when doing the Import, the default is to have 4 as the Max Sequencing Rows, you may need to increase that.

The current design is to attempt to place your props into rows so that effects get applied across rows of props and lights. But as I mentioned, you can get each prop on it's own sequencing row by moving each prop so that it looks like it is on it's own row.

Hope this makes sense.

I'm not in front of the SS visualizer right now...but how much vertical space do you need between each prop for it to put in its own row? With a Mega tree...being a top to bottom heigth..how would that work?

When deciding how to place fixtures and props into rows it takes the "average" or center location of the fixture or prop. The green lines on top of the visualization in SuperStar show where it found rows. So you need to move the props enough to get their own green line.

Thanks Brian, I got the results needed importing in and changing the number to 24. Now to try some sequencing and see if I can get the results I desire.

Brian...can props be moved in the SS visualizer after being imported? I am trying to get the row thing down to take advantage of using a handful more rows, but don't seem to be able to do so. I know I can move them around in the LOR visualizer, but as far getting the rows the way i want them, i.e, seeing the green lines on top of SS , seems like it might be alot of back n forth if I can't move them on the SS visualizer...I hope I'm just missing how to do it. Thanks in advance!

It would be a nice feature to be able to move things in the SuperStar Sequencer, but you cannot do that. I currently have no plans to be able to move the location of props and fixtures in the Visualization, but I do want to eventually give more control on how the props and fixtures are placed on the sequencing rows. Can't guarantee that will be done this year though, probably will be a feature for next year.

Instead of layers when you setup the Visualizer, can you make another drop down for a prop called, Row #? It might not be useful to many that do not use superstar, but it would make sorting a lot easier?

Thats an interesting idea. You can add a comment to a prop which means that even without changing anything in the Visualizer I could make it so that if added a comment like "SuperStar Row 2" in a prop then it would be added to that row.

Thats an interesting idea. You can add a comment to a prop which means that even without changing anything in the Visualizer I could make it so that if added a comment like "SuperStar Row 2" in a prop then it would be added to that row.

Neat, dont let anyone know I said that. Still with Vis setup if you have the row # as an option, then in SS it would arrange per those values and still based on the left to right orientation.