Light-O-Rama Forums

Item For Wish List

travis p

it would be nice if a color plate was added to s3 so colors could easly be added to sequences with the explosion of rgb and pixels

it would be nice if a color plate was added to s3 so colors could easly be added to sequences with the explosion of rgb and pixels

Are you looking for something different than the color fade tool? You can pick the same color on both sides of it to get a one color 'fade'.

Colour fade can be annoying, as if you want just one colour you have to copy it. Plus I'd prefer if it opened to the side of the sequence grid instead of in a new window. Other than that its very effective.

• 2 weeks later...

Colour fade can be annoying, as if you want just one colour you have to copy it. Plus I'd prefer if it opened to the side of the sequence grid instead of in a new window. Other than that its very effective.

I agree, its like you have fill the whole channel in with the color you want and then, go back and with the pointer set to off take out what you don't want. Very Time consuming.

Once you create a color it gets saved in the recent tools on the left. Once its there if you made a solid color its just a click away. What I dont like is you have to drag a bit, you cant just highlight a cell with the color but click and drag somewhere.

• Like 1

Once you create a color it gets saved in the recent tools on the left. Once its there if you made a solid color its just a click away. What I dont like is you have to drag a bit, you cant just highlight a cell with the color but click and drag somewhere.

Hey William

It will work if ya just move the mouse ever so slightly, one way or the other. Just enough to see the cursor move will work. (If you have the room i.e., 0.05 timeline would need to be spread out a little to get some cursor movement)

Hey William

It will work if ya just move the mouse ever so slightly, one way or the other. Just enough to see the cursor move will work. (If you have the room i.e., 0.05 timeline would need to be spread out a little to get some cursor movement)

But John, that can take a heck of long time for someone doing a lot of channels. It would be nice like the regular channels to click and turn it on. I was trying your approach and I had some weird things happen like doing a color fade in the channels above and below, and filling it right to the end.

But John, that can take a heck of long time for someone doing a lot of channels. It would be nice like the regular channels to click and turn it on. I was trying your approach and I had some weird things happen like doing a color fade in the channels above and below, and filling it right to the end.

Agreed bdeditch on the weird things. I've found that if there is another color later in line with what you are applying it will try to auto fill, but only if you just click and no drag... I'm not running a ton of RGBs , only doing 250 RGB channels, but as a work around it will work but it does seem to take a little manipulating. Just easier than opening the RGB channels applying color then close, then copy....

I have saved, blue fade to blue as Don said earlier, red and green. Works pretty good (for solid colors).

Edited by John Slade

Check this out... Select your ALL blue color fade, select 5 or 10 seconds of whatever groups/channel(s), leave one open, then select ALL red, apply the next 5 or 10 seconds. Now just single click in the open block between, bam pow, instant color fade... I have one group of 50 pixels (group collapsed) applied as stated and fill and fade all 50. Not sure if this will work for what your doin, but works here.

Edited by John Slade

I will have to try that later, one other question, what is the difference of the regular & DMX setting on the color fade tool?

It just allows for 255 intensity options vs. 100 intensities

Ok...................... LOL. Can I get a little more detail please LOL.

LOL, instead of stepping intensities/colors 1,2,3,4 to 100 you get 255 steps. I just use regular, not sure if you can tell the extra 155 steps or not... guess it would depend on the length of the fade.