Light-O-Rama Forums

Attach Strips To Vertical Stucco Facing

DLTSLC

Anyone figure out how to attach those awesome RGB strips / CCRs to stucco without drilling holes? Attached is a picture of one place it's going....

Thanks in advance to all you fine people ;)

post-9945-0-37977400-1342162210_thumb.jp

I was thinking of attaching it to a PVC verticle run when I get around to lining the edges. Make it long enough to fit under the eave snug, but not enough to bend. Maybe attach it to the eave somehow to give a little security from falling over. Maybe someone has a better idea, and please let us know if you do. I can't think of any other way.

Hope this helps.

Ron

I stick, glue, seal mine to lath or 1x2's and hang those from eaves, window frames, shutters, fascias, or anything else wood around my stucco house.

How about 2 inch PVC cut in half? I know its not easy to do without a table saw. The half shell will fit up against the house, bury the bottom portion tight against the house, and use some type of bailing wire through a hole drilled in the top into the soffit areas? Then its just a matter of double sided tape the strips to the PVC exterior.

I attach the strip to a 1/2" PVC pipe using zip ties and hang the pipe from the facia board under the eave. The pvc pipe (or combination of joined pipes) is just long enough to touch the ground. I drive some rebar into the ground and slide the pvc pipe over it. The rebar keeps the bottom from swinging and since the pipe sits on the ground, it doesn't pull on the clamp at the top.

I attach the strip to a 1/2" PVC pipe using zip ties and hang the pipe from the facia board under the eave. The pvc pipe (or combination of joined pipes) is just long enough to touch the ground. I drive some rebar into the ground and slide the pvc pipe over it. The rebar keeps the bottom from swinging and since the pipe sits on the ground, it doesn't pull on the clamp at the top.

Use that system and add 1 thing! Put a cap at the top of the PVC with a screw or nail or any rod of small diameter coming out of the top. Push it into the hole in the soffits underneath. If you use a heavy walled pvc there shouldnt be too much pressure horizontally if you have it tight against the house and with the rebar down below preventing any movement!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone figure out how to attach those awesome RGB strips / CCRs to stucco without drilling holes? Attached is a picture of one place it's going....

Thanks in advance to all you fine people ;)

I looked for at least a full minute at that picture for your RGB strip....its been a long day.

Are people who are doing PVC painting the pipe first? I have a dark colored house so a nice white pipe might stand out. I know you won't see it at night but I am a tad anal when it come looking decent during the day.

Dont paint pipe, stain it.

That is awesome. Never knew you could do that. I am going to be busy staining now. Though I did stumble across this post on stainting electrical cords....

http://lifehacker.com/5795753/dye-almost-any-white-electric-cord-with-pvc-cleaner

Thought I would share