Light-O-Rama Forums

Please Think About Your Text Formatting

TJ Hvasta

Ok, there are neat fonts to choose from for your posts, but using a 8pt font is not going to get you any replies,. Your words are invisible on smartphones. If you're going to post something, please make it big enough to actually read.

Admins, there has to be a way to remove font points smaller than 8 or even 10. What do you think?

And in case you're wondering, that line above is in 8pt.

• Like 3

I think I'd automatically Thumbs Down a post based on font size.. If I could

Edited by TJ Hvasta

I never (intentionally) use a font size other than the default. People who use lots of font sizes, colors, and bold/italics tend to be, well, "less reputable" from past experience :)

• Like 2

OOoooooooooo........ B):D:lol:

Tim, he's right here! He can read this stuff...

Jeff

Yeah...I'm right down here!!!

Edited by jimswinder
  • Like 3

... If I cannot see it i do not read it.

I guess I've lived my whole life that way without ever giving it much thought before today.

But now that those words have been spoken, I'm predicting that we'll start seeing them on t-shirts.

Edited by George Simmons

I think I'd automatically Thumbs Down a post based on font size.. If I could

cntl+ on computer and two fingers on a smartphone. I dont read them all, but have not noticed any which caused a readability problem.

FYI... Should you post something in a font that is too small for me to read on a board I manage, I will edit your post and enlarge the font :P

• Like 1

I was going to like yours Jeff, Mike, Bob, and George, but apparently there's a limit on how positive you can be in a day lolz.... :ph34r:

I was going to like yours Jeff, Mike, Bob, and George, but apparently there's a limit on how positive you can be in a day lolz.... :ph34r:

Sucks dosen't it! ?

Guest wbottomley

IMHO, the limit meant quite a bit when there was a 'dislike' button. But we all voted the negative down and the owners agreed. I would be liking all over the place if there wer a higher number allowed, or even no limit at all. It's always nice to accentuate the positive.

Another advantage of the like system... it counters something that makes me madder than hell. Being able to like a post precludes the need to post to say you like a post. Static. That's all it is. More and more static filled useless posts with +1 or ditto. I realize I'm guilty of it too, but I still don't like it. The like button clears that all up.

The fact that theres a tally of likes is great for the ego too. Especially if you're of the accused "bully" persuasion... :rolleyes:

Jeff

You got that right.

Sorry, I ran out of likes for the day.

Would it be possible to get 25 or more a day? Time for an email to Dan.

At what point do the "likes" become meaningless static? Will there be awards for the first person reaching 100, 1000, 2500, etc?

Maybe Dan could hire someone to monitor the forum and give out extra ones for correct or helpful answers. Wouldn't it be better to earn them instead of just having mommy give them to you like jellybeans?

• Like 1