Light-O-Rama Forums

Animation Windows Size

craigh

I am trying to make the animation grid bigger than 200 rows and 200 columns, can this be done? if yes, how do you make it bigger?

Right now it will only let me have 200 rows and 200 columns. I am using version 3.4.0 Advanced.

thanks

Craig

Edited by craigh

Unless it's been changed, here's the only way I know of: You have to start from scratch and import an image into the new animation - even if you don't want to use the image because you can delete it right after the animation grid is created. Don't worry about the complaint screen that whines about the image size - just blow right through that. Your image needs to be large enough to get the grid size you want, so you might have to play around a couple times till you get exactly what you need. Good luck.

Craig

If you have S3, have you considered using the Visualizer instead of the Animator? It has a bunch of new features you may like. If you end up needing to start a new Animator, you may want to invest that time in the Visualizer instead.

DevMike -

I have tried the visualizer, and will probably use both tools. I like the animation tool as as it is integrated more with the sequence editor. There are some oddities with both tools, since I more familiar with the animation tool I will use it to sequence the song. My thoughts are to use the visualizer after the song is completely sequenced, thinking that this should give me a better idea of how it will really look.

George-

I am not using an image in the animator, I might try your suggestion and see what happens. Thanks

Everyone-

I have learned that you can open the 'lms' sequence file with notepad (or your favorite editor) and edit the number of rows and columns that way. This means that you can't see the changes within the animation window as you make them, so there is some guess work in how many rows and columns you may need to add. You have to save your changes in notepad and then open it in the sequence editor to see it the number changes are what you needed. If not, edit it again in notepad.

Craig