Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple Layer Prop

thevikester

Here is my question for the visualizer guru's:

16 Channel Tree....3 color...Channel 1 has 14 strings all Red, Channel 2 has 14 Strings all Green, they are straight lines, the other 14 channels are Spiral and are clear...how does one draw this on the visualizer? I have played around a little bit with LOROC, but unable to complete what I'm trying to do. I am not very proficient with the LOROC either, and perhaps that is part of it, although I wish to learn that in the worst way. I've downloaded the help file on it, but it isn't sinking in to a point where i can get what I'm trying to get accomplished. Any help here would be great...THX in advance

Here is my question for the visualizer guru's:

16 Channel Tree....3 color...Channel 1 has 14 strings all Red, Channel 2 has 14 Strings all Green, they are straight lines, the other 14 channels are Spiral and are clear...how does one draw this on the visualizer? I have played around a little bit with LOROC, but unable to complete what I'm trying to do. I am not very proficient with the LOROC either, and perhaps that is part of it, although I wish to learn that in the worst way. I've downloaded the help file on it, but it isn't sinking in to a point where i can get what I'm trying to get accomplished. Any help here would be great...THX in advance

Interesting idea.... if I fully understand your idea, I would do it one of the following ways:

Option 1)

Create 2 trees in the visualizer using the tree wizard. Both would have 14 bundles or strings. One would be red and one green. These would be two separate tree props. Use the channel wizard to assign all channels to the controller and channel you want and tell it to "Use the same channel for every fixture of the prop." You can rotate the 2nd tree slightly from the first tree so that they show up better unless you plan on having the red and green lights follow the same line.

Create 1 weber spiral tree in LOROC with 14 channels. Import into the visualizer, use the channel wizard to assign all channels to the controller and channel you want and tell it to "Use the same channel for every fixture of the prop.".

Overlay all 3 trees in the same spot. Now you can control each of the 3 trees with 3 channels as you assigned 1 tree per channel.

Notes: You can go into each fixture for the the 3 props to assign the color (red, green, white) to have it show the correct color in the visualizer. Main drawback is that you need to make sure the trees overlay nicely and are close to the same size.

Option 2)

Create 1 Weber spiral tree in LOROC with 14 channels. Import into the visualizer, use the channel wizard to assign all channels to the controller and channel you want and tell it to "Use the same channel for every fixture of the prop.".

Create 2 century trees with 14 channels with 2 segments per section (if I had allowed 1, it would be easier, but you have to do at least 2 at this time). One will be the red one and one will be the green one. This will create straight line trees, but the main drawback is that instead of 14 fixtures in the prop, you will have 28 (2 per line). Import each new prop into the visualizer. Use the channel wizard to assign all channels to the controller and channel you want and tell it to "Use the same channel for every fixture of the prop.".

Overlay all 3 trees in the same spot. Now you can control each of the 3 trees with 3 channels as you assigned 1 tree per channel.

Notes: This has the advantage that all 3 trees will be the same size and overlay nicely without resizing. You can tilt the tree slight forward using the X-axis rotation in LOROC and you can roate the tree using VIEW Rotation to slightly offset strings of lights. Importing all 3 into the visualizer will automatically place them on top of each other in the visualizer in the top left. Disadvantage is you do have to deal with more fixutres on the straigh line trees sense we are using a trick with century trees to accomplish the task.

I hope these explanations help and will give you some ideas on how you can accomplish more with multiple objects and a combination of the visualizer and my program. I have attached my files that I was testing the concept with in case they will be of any help. Also, the visualizer is included with the props set to controller 1, channels 1-3. I left 1 test prop that I did with the vizualizer tree wizard as a comparison for the straight line tree, but I did not assign any channels or colors to it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Shannon

14 String Spiral Tree - White Rev2.lpf

14 String Straight Line Tree - Green Rev2.lpf

14 String Straight Line Tree - Red Rev2.lpf

3 Channel Tree Test.lee

• Like 1

Shannon...I will give this a try when I get home tonite...thank you for all the help with this...on your program, when making the spiral, its one string at a time, correct? Create, Export, then rotate, create another, export, etc....is that correct?

Shannon...I will give this a try when I get home tonite...thank you for all the help with this...on your program, when making the spiral, its one string at a time, correct? Create, Export, then rotate, create another, export, etc....is that correct?

thevikester: No, you can do multiple types of trees. There are Spiral (1 strand), Weber (multiple strands such as the 14 you requested in a spiral fashion depending on the number turns you tell it), Century Tree with multiple strands and robin wheel types of objects. Also, the objects can be rotated, viewed from the side or top. If you have not done so, you might take a glance through the manual.... It isn't too large and it gives some examples and explanations of the features.

Shannon

thevikester: No, you can do multiple types of trees. There are Spiral (1 strand), Weber (multiple strands such as the 14 you requested in a spiral fashion depending on the number turns you tell it), Century Tree with multiple strands and robin wheel types of objects. Also, the objects can be rotated, viewed from the side or top. If you have not done so, you might take a glance through the manual.... It isn't too large and it gives some examples and explanations of the features.

Shannon

Spent some time with it last night...and it finally makes sense now...great tool! Thank you so much for your help, and input on this, makes my life alot easier!!

Spent some time with it last night...and it finally makes sense now...great tool! Thank you so much for your help, and input on this, makes my life alot easier!!

You're welcome! Feel free to PM me if you run into any issues or have feedback.