Light-O-Rama Forums

Help!

mmkooiman67

Hello All,

I need some help. First of all I am way behind on this years display so I figured it was time to get busy. I downloaded the the latest version of S3.4. I am adding a bunch of RGB this year so I Created a whole new channel config. My idea was to copy and paste from last years sequences into my new sequences. The problem I am running into is when I copy from last years sequences and paste into my new sequences it compresses the info into a shorter time frame. The song I am doing is 3 1/2 mins long and when I copy/paste it is about 50 seconds. I cant find any thing about this. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Mark

How is your Paste Mode set?? "Paste By Cell" or "Paste By Time"?

Do you have a Timing Grid in your new sequence?

Are you using the same audio file (not edited) as last years sequence?

Edited by jimswinder

It may be your timing marks. click in a cell, go to Edit, Select, All. right click on grid and select "Copy timing". Now go to your new sequence for this year, at the leftmost section of the grid, Right click and select, "Paste timing at", make sure it is 0:0.0, then select OK. Now go back to the previous sequence, Right click, select "copy". Back to new sequence, Right click in the upper, left gridbox and select paste. That should get you back to your old timing. If I missed something, please one of you veterans chime in here and correct it.

Hope this helps,

Ron

Jim and Ron,

Thanks so much. I think I am so rusty I didnt look at the obvious. I had it all hosed. Working good now.

Thanks again,

Mark :)

so what was the problem?

I was pasting by cell and not time. Probably wouldnt have been a problem if both sequences had the same timing but that never happens.thanks again,Mark