Light-O-Rama Forums

Rgb Spot Does Not Show On Visualizer At 25%

paulanator

Hi Mike,

I do a lot with my RGB Spots at 25%, and even adjusting the max opacity and background of the spot, I cannot get it to show that low. In fact neither the max opacity or background color really seem to change anything.

I have it set to RGB white, and when it gets to 25% it disappears. With my RGB spots, they are still pretty bright at 25%, and I would really like them to show on the visualizer.

Is there any other adjustments I am missing?

The max opacity is just that - a maximum. IE, if you turn a spot on at OVER the max opacity, it will only show AT the max opacity.

The background has nothing to do with the simulation. It's only there so you can adjust it to see the 'sample' color better in the fixture properties.

Turn the brightness down in the main editor (the slider on the main screen on the toolbar), and you'll see them better.

Hi Mike,

I am aware of those settings and what they do, but I was just making sure I tried everything. And as with all software, sometimes trying the odd thing works.

I tried turned the brightness down to black (0% and other brightnesses) Still no light at 25%.

An RGB light defined as white @ 25% does not show up on the screen. I tried adjusting my screen brightness, and it just does not show up. White of all colors should show up against the black background.

This is pretty basic and should work, in my opinion. If I was whining about 5% on that would be different, but at 25% LED lights are still very bright and something I use a lot in the show.

If it just does not do it, that is fine, I was just curious and wondering if there was something I was missing.

Yes, when it gets to about 35-40% or so, then the white shows up, and it looks about like what I would think 25% should start looking like.