Light-O-Rama Forums

Shimmer Is Slow In Visualizer

paulanator

I have been doing a lot with the visualizer, and I like most of it's features.

The one thing that does not work well is the shimmer. It just kind of blinks on and off slowly. When I look at the channel buttons, it looks perfect, more of a fast shimmer for lack of better term. It also looks good in an animation window, just not in the visualizer.

Everything else in the visualizer looks pretty realistic and there is no lag with anything else, just the way the shimmer looks is odd.

I have invested a lot of time (like many others here) and just wondering if that is the way it is? Has anyone else noticed this too or am I just nuts???

I could not find any other discussion on this with some searches on the forum.

Edited by paulanator

I am pretty sure it is not the computer. I have a beefy machine with 12 GB RAM and very few processes running so I am pretty sure the computer is not the issue. I check all the settings in the visualizer, and there was nothing that looked like it would change anything.

What I don't understand is the strobes, twinkle, spots, RGB, all work great in the visualizer.

The real life shimmer on the lights plugged into the controller is definitely different that what is showing up on the visualizer. The lights work correctly, the graphics do not. Not even close.

Yeah, I've got to say the shimmer has always looked like that, I just wasn't worried about that one item to mention it.

That was kind of what I figured, thanks bisquit.

I sure do like the way the strobes look though, a lot better than in the animation window.

Yes, the Visualizer is a bit 'lacking' when it comes to shimmers. If it makes any difference, they look PERFECT on my development machine ^_^ .....

... and that's the problem. The shimmer as it is now depends a lot on the computer it is running on. There is a wishlist item that allows the user to adjust some parameters that will make the shimmer look better. I don't know when/if those will be done.

DevMike, Thanks for the info.

May I ask the specs on the develpment machine? I was just curious.

I have an i7, 12 GB RAM, 1 GB DDR Geforce 9800 GTX+ graphics card, Win 7 64 bit and running 66 processes. It works great with any video editing softare or other serious CPU dependent software and never lags.

I did try turning off aero in Win7 and having it set for best performance, which turns off all the graphics enhancements, and it still did the same thing (and reminded my of the Win98 days).... lol

O my, I am laughing so hard.. thanks for that one!

I just need to buy a serial hyperbolic PC Speed Limiter.

I knew the quad core would come back to bite me... :unsure: