Light-O-Rama Forums

Random Thought Post

ItsMeBobO

Tonight at bed time, my 4 year old told me...

'Daddy, doctors still die. They may live a little longer cause they doctor themselves, but they still die'.

Yesterday my 5 year old grandson and I were talking about birthdays, and I told him mine was only two days away. He looked at me for a long time and said "Grandpa, it looks like you've had a LOT of birthdays!"

Yep Know what you mean. Same kid guessed my age on Sunday as 90. Cause she knows I am really old.

Thats a harsh realization for a 4 year old. What happened to candy canes, rainbows, jelly beans, and unicorns? What a strange world this is becoming.

Thats a harsh realization for a 4 year old. What happened to candy canes, rainbows, jelly beans, and unicorns? What a strange world this is becoming.

Sadly her uncle Dave is fighting stage 4 cancer and getting chemo right now. So we pray for uncle Dave every night. And we have let two pets go to heaven in the last year. So she has been exposed!

The worst by far was the good Friday lesson at preschool. That one made this parent mad and I went to the church school to complain. She came home to tell us that mean soldiers will give you a boo boos in your hands with a hammer. When I complained that torture is not appropriate for 3 year old's they said... 'its in the bible!' She is not in that school any longer. Just last week she asked me about the blinking lights and make them work so she has the happy stuff in her mind too.

Yesterday my 5 year old grandson and I were talking about birthdays, and I told him mine was only two days away. He looked at me for a long time and said "Grandpa, it looks like you've had a LOT of birthdays!"

My twin boys, 11yo, have been a source of numerous one liners. Alexei, when he was 6, told me

"I want to build a machine to cancel gravity. The machine will have to be selective because if we cancel gravity all the atmosphere will be gone and we will die"/

i wrote it down when he said it.

His vocabulary is so large, i dont know why he picks these things up. He has a really good memory for words and anything he has read.

He uses words like Triskaidekaphobia (fear of the number 13) and Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (Black lung disease and the longest word in english).

He comes home and has a new word, i no longer challenge him, i quietly go to google and look it up. I used to bet him a dollar it was not a word. I was losing money.

Sadly her uncle Dave is fighting stage 4 cancer and getting chemo right now. So we pray for uncle Dave every night. And we have let two pets go to heaven in the last year. So she has been exposed!

The worst by far was the good Friday lesson at preschool. That one made this parent mad and I went to the church school to complain. She came home to tell us that mean soldiers will give you a boo boos in your hands with a hammer. When I complained that torture is not appropriate for 3 year old's they said... 'its in the bible!' She is not in that school any longer. Just last week she asked me about the blinking lights and make them work so she has the happy stuff in her mind too.

I wish kids didn't have to go through that.

My kids went through the unexpected death of their dog, then their grandpa (my wife's dad) a couple of years ago, just a couple of months apart. My wife's mom and my dad have been long gone before we were even married, so now they're down to one grandparent, my mom, who has had some health scares over the past year too.

My seven year old is keenly aware that time with grandma won't be forever. And he shouldn't have to worry about that in a perfect world.

• The topic was locked