Light-O-Rama Forums

Lor And Fireworks. Lol

friskybri

This is what happens when you try to use LOR to shoot fireworks. LOL. It all goes up at once. 30 minutes of fireworks up in 30 seconds.

Edited by friskybri

I believe this was the first year for this company. Bet they don't get the contract for next year. They undercut the company that usually does the show each year.

I believe this was the first year for this company. Bet they don't get the contract for next year. They undercut the company that usually does the show each year.

No actually it wasn't. I know for sure that Garden State did the 2010 Big Bay Bang as I was part of the crew that year.

It was really suprising to see this happen. The equipment that Garden State uses is top-notch technogoly and the crew do plenty of testing prior to the show. These guys are the industry leaders in fireworks.

The way it works is that the show sequence is loaded into each controller. Each controller has a RF receiver that receives synchronisation signals via a radio. This is how they keep multi-location shows synced to the music.

Even if the radio doesn't get the sync, the pyrotechnican can inititate the show manually.

My guess is that the show sequence somehow got corrupted. since each location was affect by the same results.

Edited by Crazydave

. These guys are the industry leaders in fireworks.

WAS. the industry leader. Nothing worse than a premature explosion. Now they lead in premature explosions. lol.

yeah that totally sucks.

sometimes computers screw your up.

Back in the old days, you literlally had to touch a wire to a nail to launch a firework, then they upgraded to a punch board style of launch system.

now they have little computers

No actually it wasn't. I know for sure that Garden State did the 2010 Big Bay Bang as I was part of the crew that year.

It was really suprising to see this happen. The equipment that Garden State uses is top-notch technogoly and the crew do plenty of testing prior to the show. These guys are the industry leaders in fireworks.

The way it works is that the show sequence is loaded into each controller. Each controller has a RF receiver that receives synchronisation signals via a radio. This is how they keep multi-location shows synced to the music.

Even if the radio doesn't get the sync, the pyrotechnican can inititate the show manually.

My guess is that the show sequence somehow got corrupted. since each location was affect by the same results.

I heard an interview from the head of Garden State, and he actually used the term "virus". Which is nearly ridiculous.

People always blame the software, lol.

I can totally see how it would be a software issue.

As the show is totally automated once the system is turned on and activated.

I bet it won't happen again..

I'm kinda suprised... I wonder if there is way to hook up the actual controllers to a "Visualizer" to verify the proper loading of the show into the pyro controller.

Futhermore... I can't remember if the show is controlled by master, and each slave received sequencing commands.. or if the master broadcasts the "start" command and then each slave runs the pre-loaded show. (I think it's the later)

Yep Pyrodigital can be "fun" to work with, if you don't know what you are doing, or if the software glitches. Knock on wood, have never had this happen to me on any of my big shows or sporting event shoots. Sure make for a grand finale though.

Not sure Garden State is the industry leader though. Kinda partial to the company from Calif that I am associated with.

Edited by magish01

Isn't it possible to use LOR to do so if you know what you are doing?

I can tell you from experience- yes it is.

• 3 years later...

So I was thinking of using this unit to set off my E Matches....

CMB24D 24 channel (8 RGB pixels) DC controller Deluxe

Any thoughts? I t would be ran via CAT5 from my laptop to the controller(s). From there squib wire will route to the E Matches & the firework.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Any thoughts? I t would be ran via CAT5 from my laptop to the controller(s). From there squib wire will route to the E Matches & the firework.

Yes, it can be done, and will probably work, but don't.

LOR was not made for fireworks. It has no fail safe like the professional firework control things do and it could be this thread all over again.

The CMB24D will work for what you want though, but I probably shouldn't be saying that.

If you really want it, you could have a look into what the proffesional firework people use. They probably cost less than LOR though.

• Like 1

Like Emmien said:  It would likely work, but no safety.  LOR has stated here on the forums many times that they STRONGLY discourage controlling fire or explosives with LOR controllers.  The controllers do not have the safety features that fireworks controllers have. 

As a pyrotechnician, I would also recommend against it.  Not something to be messed around with.

• Like 1

I have been using three of these systems along with 24 ch of wireless for the last few years.

http://happinessfireworks.en.alibaba.com/product/795901309-215180507/500M_remote_control_pyrotechnic_fire_system_with_sequential_fireworks_firing_system_24_cues_remote_fireworks_fire_System.html

The only reason I was thinking of the LOR system was to sync my closer to music.

I get what you are saving though.

Off to make some mines....   :)

I have been using three of these systems along with 24 ch of wireless for the last few years.

http://happinessfireworks.en.alibaba.com/product/795901309-215180507/500M_remote_control_pyrotechnic_fire_system_with_sequential_fireworks_firing_system_24_cues_remote_fireworks_fire_System.html

The only reason I was thinking of the LOR system was to sync my closer to music.

I get what you are saving though.

Off to make some mines....   :)

That looks like a nice system.

How much did it cost you?

I had bought one of the 24 ch systems show below PLUS one 12 ch wireless system for 216.00 delivered to my house.

please check attached invoice. paypal need charge 5% commission.so total is 216.00

logo.png
The following message was generated before 12 Sep 2015 13:11(PST)    
default_contact_photo_60.gif
John 
Price inquiry from John in United States
12 Sep 2015 13:11
ELB24R-control-system-with-antenna-24-cuaui-icon-seek.png
Quantity Needed: 
1 Piece/Pieces 
Hi,

I would like to know the price for ELB24R control system with antenna , 24 cues firing system,wireless firing system.