Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting Controllers?

michael jaynes

Yes. You would use standard CAT5 cables to connect the two controllers together. (Just like the CAT5 cable going from your USB adaptor to your first controller.)

Remember to use the hardware utility to SET the address of the new unit. See the instructions about setting addressing

I agree...be careful to connect each one, one at a time. Set its address as you wish, then disconnect, connect the other and set its address. Make sure you label them somehow so you know which one is which.

BTW, you'll need to reload the hardware controller software to do the second one.

Edited by dgrant

BTW, you'll need to reload the hardware controller software to do the second one.

Actually not quite true, all you have to do is unplug the 1st controller, then plug in the next controller and click on the Refresh button, it will reloacate the controller and then you can set its ID without having to close and reopen the hardware utility.

That's how I set my controllers one at a time, never had to close the HWU at all.

Guest Don Gillespie

I agree...be careful to connect each one, one at a time. Set its address as you wish, then disconnect, connect the other and set its address. Make sure you label them somehow so you know which one is which.

Lots of guys use a black sharpie and write on the outside of the cotroller and label them controller 1 controller 2 etc etc.

All the ones for the city show have the unit ID written on Outside and inside in both #dec, and 0xHex. And most of them have the firmware revision written on the inside of the front cover as well. Why inside? Well, when you touch up the camo paint on the outside, you usually wind up painting over the sharpie...