Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie with new toy

Guest guest

I just received my 2 16 channel controllers yesterday! It seemed like the UPS driver walked up to the house in one of those slow motion settings. He handed it to me and I felt like a little kid in a toy store. If anyone has ever seen the movie, "The Jerk" with Steve Martin when he finds his name in the phonebook, then that's the way I was. Here is a middle aged over weight man running through the house yelling "The New LOR is Here, THe New LOR is here !!!" -:waycool:

clee wrote:

I just received my 2 16 channel controllers yesterday! It seemed like the UPS driver walked up to the house in one of those slow motion settings. He handed it to me and I felt like a little kid in a toy store. If anyone has ever seen the movie, "The Jerk" with Steve Martin when he finds his name in the phonebook, then that's the way I was. Here is a middle aged over weight man running through the house yelling "The New LOR is Here, THe New LOR is here !!!" -:waycool:

Been there done that! :laughing:

I was going crazy!

I took the cover off and I was amazed at the great work done to put mine together. It was like art work!

Michael B

I remember when mine came last year.:] I was so excited. I took them out of the box and left the "stuffings" all over the kitchen table. I connected some of the mini-trees to them and let'er rip!

I was so excited!:waycool: My hubby was golfing, and I gave him a call and told him that the lights were on...and flashing!!!! Later, a friend told me that when he got off the phone he said, "She's really serious about this.":laughing:

I called some of my friends and had them stop over to see the demonstration. It was just like Christmas!:laughing:

Enjoy,
Sally

I remember mine too. I was gone with the family and when we got home, there were boxes on the front porch. To this day-I am not sure if I stopped the vehicle before I jumped out to rip open the boxes. Then for the next few days- if you wanted to find me, you could look in the garage for me under all the extension cords wiring up the boards.

Scott Loftus wrote:

I remember mine too. I was gone with the family and when we got home, there were boxes on the front porch. To this day-I am not sure if I stopped the vehicle before I jumped out to rip open the boxes. Then for the next few days- if you wanted to find me, you could look in the garage for me under all the extension cords wiring up the boards.

I had lights, stick Christmas trees, stars and anything else I could find in my living room. They filled the living room and dinning room. You could barely get through the front door!

Anyone coming over my house had to watch the lights flash, shimmer, fade, chase...

After about a week my wife encouraged me to more my lights and stuff onto the back porch. My neighbor said she could she all cans of flashing (the light kind) going on from 6 pm until 11 or more.

Those were great day!

Michael B

I have a story too. I first started with a ctb-08. It was addressed to go to my Dad's store. Durring one of his classes on how to sell on eBay, I was wiring it up. While I was doing that, the software was installing. Sadly the only lights I had were the three lights we use to take pictures with. So needless to say, I was in the back getting the photography lights flashing. At a certain time that night, my Dad had a little break in the class. I was thinking.... What should I do? I thought I better turn it off, The bathroom is behind me people would be walking back here. I decided on "ON" but in a careless click I hit chimmer and walked out to talk to my Mom. I did not know the lights were shimmering!

And when I got home, tipical reaction like the rest of you.... Anything that lights-up and can plug in!

--Daniel L