Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II question

Guest guest

Don wrote:

This will require a software and hardware upgrade. (Per Dan.)

Sequences will automaticlly be converted over to LORII when you open them the first time. They will not be usable on LOR I boards/software after that time. (So make your backup copies.)

Wait a minute. Maybe I'm misreading this, or misread something in the past. I have the original 8 channels basic boards. Going by what your saying, once I convert my LOR I seq's to LOR II, I wont be able to play them on my LOR I boards? I understand that your saying the hardware will have to be upgraded too, but I was under the impression that the first generation cards weren't upgradable, or am I mistaken?

Art

Art Ritchie wrote:

Don wrote:

This will require a software and hardware upgrade. (Per Dan.)

Sequences will automaticlly be converted over to LORII when you open them the first time. They will not be usable on LOR I boards/software after that time. (So make your backup copies.)

Wait a minute. Maybe I'm misreading this, or misread something in the past. I have the original 8 channels basic boards. Going by what your saying, once I convert my LOR I seq's to LOR II, I wont be able to play them on my LOR I boards? I understand that your saying the hardware will have to be upgraded too, but I was under the impression that the first generation cards weren't upgradable, or am I mistaken?

Art

You were misreading it...well, sorta

Once LOR II comes, then you will have to have your boards updated to fit the software. If you then choose to open LOR 1, then your boards will not be compatible with LOR I software.

And, all the cards are upgradeable...as Tim said previously with a chip or some flash download.

talbers wrote:

Is LORII compatible with Microsoft Vista?

Will LORII be compatible with Microsoft Win 98?

Everything at 1.6.2 and higher will be compatible with Vista.

Everything at 1.6.2 and higher requires Windows Media Player 9, 10 or 11... This in turn requires that you have windows 98SE or higher...

Windows 98 will not be supported on 1.6.2 and higher

The new requirement is Windows 98SE or higher