Light-O-Rama Forums

Where Are My PM's?

Don

While a majority of the content from the old forums made its way here, the PM's did not.

Don't worry, though, the old forum won't be going away anytime soon. We should have the old forums running at a different address here in a few weeks. When that happens, you will be able to login to the old forum to access the PM's in your account.

Stay tuned.

The plan was to have both forums, old and new, online at the same time.

As soon as the old forums are accessible again, I'll update this thread with the information. We hope it will be within the next 24 hours, but as with any upgrade, your patience is appreciated.

The old forums are now available. You can reach them at chatroom.lightorama.com.

All of your PM's are still there. Remember, the two forums are different, so remember to use the password for the old forums when logging in.

If I go to chatroom.lightorama.com, I only see this message, with no way (that I can tell) to log in:

Light-O-Rama Forums have moved.

Dear Light-O-Rama Users,

The Light-O-Rama forums have moved to a new home. If were expecting to find the forums here, then your Internet Service Provider has not received the new records. Try again in a few hours, and things should be working.

I was able to log in using a link on the left side. Then I was able to navigate to my PM's using a link on the left side as well.

Got it. I am indeed blind :)

I was actually going there not to retrieve PM's, but I wanted to look which topics had been pinned in the beta forum. But it looks like all the forum stuff has been disabled as well. No big deal, just thought I'd try since DevMike had asked.

Is there a way to compact/archive/save the PM folder? I'm dreading having to copy/paste each one into a notepad page to save them..

Is there a way to compact/archive/save the PM folder? I'm dreading having to copy/paste each one into a notepad page to save them..

The old forum software doesn't have anything that would make this easy. Right now the best solution I have (and no, it's not pretty) is to move the messages you wish to keep to your Saved folder. Then, "View Source" and save the output.

It's on my Things to Research list, though.

Is there any expectation we should have on how long the old forum will be available for access to PM?

Is there any expectation we should have on how long the old forum will be available for access to PM?

Keeping in mind it's not my call to make, I believe the old forums will be around until at least the end of the quarter (09/30/2012.) I would hope they are around until at least the end of the year.

• 1 month later...

Newbie question - What's a PM?

PM = Private Message. Look for the envelope in the top right part of your screen.

• The topic was locked