Light-O-Rama Forums

Best Pin Spotlight To Use With Homemade Light Flurries?

robo

Hey Guys I'm just about completely done building my own light flurries machine. I have the motorized disco ball mounted but I'm looking for the best Pin (focused) spotlight to use. Looking for some thing very bright and in a mini incan white color to match the rest of my display. I've check on ebay and there are several to choose from. Should I go LED or halogen or something else. Thanks for any advice on this. Rob Mr. Newbie

• 1 month later...

Hey Jeff, I did buy a LED pinspot light from Guitar center. I was referred to the light by another member. It works great, very bright and dead on. I actually ended up buying the Original Light Flurries because I could not get my disco ball to rotate at the right speed. So now I have no need for the pinspot light. I'd sell the light for $25 shipped if you were interested? Heres the links to the specs. Rob

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Chauvet-LED-Pinspot-105340608-i1445252.gc

Jeff/Rob, are either of those outdoor rated? I've been using the original LF spots for years now (on two units). I would stop short of calling them "awful" but it would be fun to have something brighter.

Another tip - use 2 pin-spots per unit from different angles and you get more "snow" :)

• The topic was locked