Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbs answering newbs

shfr26

Have noticed lately that a lot of the newbs are answering the other newbs questions. First of all, should I say "newer members" instead of newbs?? Anyway, I think this is really great. It means one of three things, the newbs know what they are talking about or, all the "veteran members" are not answering because they are upset, or the "veteran members" are not answering because the "newer members" are correct with their answer. I am hoping for 1 or 3 and not 2, because if it is #2, then "It is #2". What do you all think?? And no wars started here!!!

I think its simple questions being answered by people that know the simple answers. Thats it. If its to big of a question for new people to answer then I seen senior people jump in. This sounds more like someone trying to stur the pot.

I don't think it really mattes who answers the questions...

and really...

as quickly as things change and develop in this "hobby" (changes almost everyday) aren't we all still "newbs"?

:)

friskybri wrote:

I think its simple questions being answered by people that know the simple answers. Thats it. If its to big of a question for new people to answer then I seen senior people jump in. This sounds more like someone trying to stur the pot.

If thats the way you feel, so be it.. It was not meant to be that.

It will get more common in a few months when the season gets closer. Trick is to take the advice of the ones who you already know they have done it. How do you know whos tried and tested what you want to attempt? Troll the forum for previous questions that were asked, or how they did it.

jimswinder wrote:

as quickly as things change and develop in this "hobby" (changes almost everyday) aren't we all still "newbs"?

Aint that the truth Jim!

Took me longer than I'd like to admit to just to get the S3 visualizer working like I think it should. Then there's my RGB.....

I've been here and PC since 2008, but I don't feel like it sometimes....

mel wrote:

So who's display is the best?

I hope I'm not being too modest, but mine is by far the best display in Clearwater, MN.

wbottomley wrote:

Probably the person who has this one:

When I clicked on the link, one of the sponsored links was for Terminix Chipmunk Removal.
Funnier than Facebook suggesting new friends that recently died though...

George Simmons wrote:

mel wrote:

I hope I'm not being too modest, but mine is by far the best display in Clearwater, MN.

I cant say that for SpringHill as I know Pete's is better than mine. Frigin heck how are there 2 of us in the same small town.

George Simmons wrote:

mel wrote:

George is correct...

but he always is!!!!

:(

mel wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
mel wrote:

Is that your display?

I don't know who's display it is. A friend from Florida emailed it to me last year. That's when I started looking here.

Just playing with ya. It is Kevin Judd's display.
CLD Kevin (or the artist formerly known as Cracker)

images.jpeg

And welcome to the fun!

GoofyGuy wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
mel wrote:

I cant say that for SpringHill as I know Pete's is better than mine. Frigin heck how are there 2 of us in the same small town.

Nope, there are at least three.